I just committed myself to BIG $$$ expenditure....

Maplesky a new boiler is a great investment. Factor in the cost savings on the bill and you'll probably pay less than $6K.

fl.gif
for me that our boiler goes online today when the last part is installed. I want HEAT! We've been without it since New Year's.

I know... it is a great investment.

Since New Years...that's crazy...you aren't going to need it much longer!
lol.png

I can't believe you two are still at it!
tongue.png

Crank up that heat already for cryin out loud.

Quote:
Thank you. You're not the eleventy-bajillionth person to point this out.

When I was in high school my mom filed for divorce from hubby #2 and it took everything thing her and I had to keep us afloat, she was raising 4 kids (I am the oldest), well our heater went out and we went 3 years without any real heat. I feel your pain!

You will be saving alot more than $6000 in the SHORT run. Everytime the gas rates goes up you will save even more money.

I'm in the exact same position as you right now. Even the figures match! lol

Suzy

I am assuming this is a gas hot water boiler? We have one, and I think its not "right". It is about 16 years old, and we were cold this winter. . . or else they are doing something funky to the LP and its not working like it should either . . .I want to try something else next year, its costing right at $2700-$3000 a year to heat our two story, and I think even with the economy that is high. We are on budget billing and pay $265 a month which is about the same as a used car payment, so I have to think of something else to supplement this problem. Can't use wood because my husband is disabled and not able to keep up with the wood demand, so am researching the new Eden Pures right now. I am also getting out of business with the present gas company as I asked around and we were paying $2.29 a gallon or pound however its measured for LP, and everyone else was paying whatever the price was at the gas pumps, about 30 cents cheaper, DID not make me happy
he.gif
. . . so something stinks there and I was warned about the new guy that took over. . . live and learn.

Quote:
Hey G-
What would it cost to out a traditional furnace in? Do you still have rads at your house? Do you have a seperate A/C unit? I ask only because we gutted everything and put in a new furnace/ a/c unit with heat vents and whatever for about that...
Good Luck!! I hope you have lower bills. Makes me sick what I pay in electric every month!!!!
hugs
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom