I just do not get it ? Muscovy duck hunts down my poor doggie

Is Annie elderly? Many old animals seem to just exude something that makes other animals pick on them. I've seen it with some old horses, dogs, and cats.
I'd rehome the mean old duck and let Annie live out her time in peace. Poor old girl! She looks so sweet!

Chickbea. Annie is middle aged I guess,about 6 years old now........no more fights yet......but if the duck attacks again, well he will have to go byebye.........Annie is the best,nicest,smartest,friendliest,most protective dog I have ever known, there will be NO waddling about WHO needs to go !
big_smile.png

When I was growing up, my best friend's parents had a Muscovy that just attacked everything - didn't matter who, what, how small or big. I even saw him going after the cows and horses at times! Believe me when I say, if I saw him heading towards me, I hightailed it out of there! He was quite appropriately named Mr. Peck!LOL!

when we got our ducks , everyone was aghast and said they would have a dogs life being chased by our two cats.
hmm.png

Totally a load of ole goolash that one was. It's the ducks chasing the cats given half a chance.

That duck must be totally quackers over that dog, lol!

sorry, don't mean to be insensitive but I have no experience with ducks and that just quacks me up...oh gawd, you are going to hit me with that boot if I don't stop!!!
smile.png

Last edited:
My mom brought home two ducklings when I was 10. They were cute and so sweet. My sister and I made leashes for them, and I used to put my little guy in the basket of my bike and ride around.

Then they grew up and were HORRIBLE. They'd chase us up the steps into the house. Our poor dog bore the brunt of it, though. They'd grab his tongue when he was panting, and wouldn't let go. Horrid Things!! They really soured me on ducks.

Eventually my mother brought them to an auction. End of evil ducks. Really! They were worse than our geese (and those two wouldn't let my sister and I into the yard to play at ALL)

Meghan

When I was a kid, we had mallards that chased my dog. He eventually got tired of it and bit the drakes head off. They then left him alone.............

Back
Top Bottom