I just don't feel welcome here . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoupGarou

Songster
11 Years
Oct 15, 2008
It seems like whenever I ask a question here, it either gets snotty answers or is just plain ignored. Has anyone ever felt that way before? What can I do to fix it?

yuckyuck.gif

Sorry you are feeling like this, I found most people are very helpful. I hope you do stay around there are some great people on this board who know and are willing to help with questions or problems.

This site has grown alot so questions can get over looked and some times people come off all wrong without meaning to.

I understand how you feel. I have seen some very snide remarks from some,
smack.gif
and have also had questions go unanswered. BUT...with that said, I have also had some wonderful advice from some very nice folks here.
hugs.gif
old.gif
Please don't let a few bad apples spoil your time here!
wink.png
The majority of the folks I feel genuinely want to help and are friendly.....like me!
big_smile.png
I am still learning so can't give much advice, but I hope to help out in the future as my knowledge grows.

With forums newbies can feel unwelcomed...I was there at one point as we were all. Some people are just plain mean and rude on this forum sorry to say. Some of us do try to help. I hope you feel more welcomed!

I don't think you can really tell people's mood or feeling from what they write. Some word or phrase could be taken in a way not intended.

I think if you feel like you're not getting treated well, you might change your title or post in a different section, but please don't leave.

For example, if you want encouragement or sympathy, maybe it's better to post in random ramblings, and to just have very technical questions in a more specific section - and often technical questions have already been answered before.

For example, say, if I had to find out if anyone recommends insulating a coop, I might post in the housing/management section, but if I wanted encouragement or sympathy for a difficult situation, such as 'neighbors keep saying i'm raising my chickens wrong' in RR, and perhaps just one of the things they were bugging me about was insulation.

Some topics are really, really hot topics that can get very, very passionate, like horse slaughter or foie gras ducks(it seems that not all farms treat their foie gras ducks at all well). Sometimes it is just inevitable that people get really excited and polarized about a topic.

I think the most important thing is to not take it personally. People are reacting to a WORD, not a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom