I just found a clutch of eggs, what should I do with them?? **PICS**

I just love surprises!!!!
wee.gif

Do keep us posted!
pop.gif

If your area is not prone to predation, I'd just leave her be if you know she is spending the majority of her time on or near the nest. Let us know. How exciting!!

Another update, I went to take them (the roo and her) some food because I had a strong feeling she was broody and on the nest since I had seen the roo on the other side making sure my big girls (BO's and SLW's) don't come over.

I threw him some layer pellets mixed with BOSS to get him distracted and went to look at the nest and see if she was on it.

Sure enough, there she was almost like she was hypnotized. I put some food within reach and she didn't even react. She would have run away if she wasn't hell bent on hatching those eggs.

I love these birds!!!! I got them from the nicest man who lives down the street. He did tell me that the hen would hatch some babies for me, I didn't know it would be so soon. I got the pair on Aug 30th. As far as I know the babies will be pure Phoenix because I don't have another roo and no one else has chickens within the immediate area.

I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Yay Chicks! :

Wow. She created a beautiful nest. And it sounds like she's got a good, protective rooster. Good luck! Hope all goes well.

Thank you, I am so durrned excited. Life is so beautiful. I can't wait to see what happens.

celebrate.gif
D.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom