I just found a stray chicken!! 😍

Pics
Update: Mira is doing exceptionally well. Very healthy, gaining some weight, her comb is taking on more color. She is a part of the juvenile flock now! Bc she's been here over a week I decided she'd stay so now they are all free-ranging. They are all loving the life! Still not accustomed to people and very flighty, but I think she's here for good :love She's really pretty
That's great news. Let's see a photo.

A little backstory. I just had to have my Pearl White Leghorn (5 years old) put down. She wasn't doing well and I didn't think anything could be done. She was bad off. (Yes, she's the one in my avatar 😞). Her name was Daisy. Anyways, I was out doing chores this evening and spotted a white bird in one of the trees lining the enclosure. I thought it was one of our young turkeys at first but soon realized it wasn't! I was super excited when I saw it was not only a pullet, but also a Pearl White Leghorn!!!! 🤗😍 It was hard to catch her bc she kept flying up higher but I finally did. I offered food and water but she was too preoccupied to take it. She seems healthy although very skinny and dirty. Her comb is pretty pale. She looks to be about 7-8 weeks old. Yay!! A little gift from Heaven ❤ p.s. I did text all the neighbors just in case but no one has replied yet.
I hope no one claims her. I think your Ms Daisy sent her to you.
I'm sorry you had to make that painful decision for your Ms. Daisy.

Update: Mira fits right in with the flock!! Like she's always been a part of it. She is so pretty (I promise I'll send pics, keep reminding me :D) She almost looks like a show chicken. Her tail is quite spectacular. She is a great forager. I clipped her wings last week as she along with some other 'teens' and turkeys were flying on top of our chicken enclosure. No flying since :thumbsup She has befriended my Swedish Flower Hen (Blue Mottled) pullet named Lupine.
More Photos! 😉

Back
Top Bottom