I just found all 26 of my ducks headless!?!?

Pics
So I just walk out to my coop and all 26 of my ducks were on the ground without heads all the heads were gone but the bodies were there and looked unharmed. I can't find the heads anywhere I can't see any holes or places in the wire were an animal could have gotten in what could have got them all?!?!
From what I've heard Owls and hawks will take the heads especially during the winter. The heads are very nutritious and desirable during winters.

So I just walk out to my coop and all 26 of my ducks were on the ground without heads all the heads were gone but the bodies were there and looked unharmed. I can't find the heads anywhere I can't see any holes or places in the wire were an animal could have gotten in what could have got them all?!?!

Shame i'm so sorry to hear this! Not sure what country you live in but here in SA we have a wild cat called "Inyagi". Nobody has seen them because they only come out at night but they pull the heads off all the poultry, it's disgusting. I have even tried to stay awake all night so I can shoot them but if you have a light on they don't come so I cannot kill them.

Their heads were pulled thru the cknwire.😟 happened to my sisters flock. I think you have a raccoon or a fox. Sorry.

If your coop actually is without any holes or tunnels where a 4 legged predator could attack your ducks, leave the possibility that it wasn’t 4 legged.

It's a weasel : ( Sorry for your experienced. Weasels are like liquid and can squeeze in any tiny space. They eat the heads off our birds and leave the rest. They are vicious and fierce and can take down prey much larger than themselves by latching on to the neck and not letting go. Try and trap it tonight while it's still in the area, use a duck carcass or whatever meat you have. Don't bother getting any more birds until you catch this murderer.

Maybe an owl or a fox. Even if your coop is covered smaller owls can still find a way through small gaps. Foxes would also do that and carry off all the heads for their cubs. But my bet is another predator killed and left most or all of them and a possum scavenged the rest.

Back
Top Bottom