I just got attacked by the hose....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Jolyn, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I went out to turn on the misters, gather eggs and refill the water containers. I filled the water and as i was putting the bottom back on the container somehow flipped out of my hands and i drenched the bottom of my left pant leg.....Ok that's fine it will dry while I'm out there. I pick up the hose to refill the water and as i turn to turn the hose off it springs up from the pressure of the water and shoots me all up the front of me. Why do i seem to have to change clothes every time i go to check on my chicks???

How many times a day do you change your clothes now that you have chickens? [​IMG]

2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    I don't know.... Am I going out "in Public"??? [​IMG]

Seriously, I have a separate pair of barn shoes and barn boots that I wear only in the barn. So I change my shoes what seems like a billion times a day. [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I always go out in my pj's in the morning, and my work clothes at night (casual) so if they get dirty, I don't get mad and they are happy. My biggest problem is when I feed them peaches they throw dirt all over the place trying to get to me! Too funny.

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Anytime I take care of our animals in general I end up having to change clothes.[​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I've gotten so used to a bit of mud here, a spash of dirty water there, a light dusting of dirt.... I just change once a day even when I do go out. Here's me, popping out of my meticulously cleaned red two door coop headed to home depot to window shop because I can't actually load anything in my car... splattered in dirt and possibly some other yucky chicken left overs.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I have one pair of shoes I wear around the girls...and so far one pair of jeans too. [​IMG] I change a couple of times a day because of those food hounds dressed like chickens. [​IMG]

7. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    you need to be careful! i nearly broke my nose with a waterhose one time.

8. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    I was wearing a casmere sweater one night (I know, I know, I was asking for it) and went out to feed the chickens some grapes. I ended up with grape juice and chicken snot all of my beautiful sweater [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by