I just got my first hatching eggs in the mail! "Due" New Years Eve!!

thanks a lot guys, ill check it out, but if u look at the pictures im pretty sure that theyre too cracked.....also what do i do about the one egg thats upside down?

Just turn it back rightside up. Could be OK, if the air cell isn't ruptured. You could give it a go, and if it doesn't work--you have extras!!! Have a gr8 time with your eggs!
big_smile.png

thanks...i wrote a little note on it..."upside down one" so that if it does or does not hatch i know which one....just for curiousity reasons

whats a Psittacine egg? whats the difference between that and a Ratite egg? i have rhode island red eggs...which one are they? im assuming the first one? im just trying to figure stuff out....like my eggs will lay horizantally in the incubator right? if so thatd make them the psittacine one

ok in the last hour and a half my humidity has gone from 36% to 33% is this normal? also i cant find anything to get the water in through the whole in the top that will actually reach to the bottom and curve some to get into the canals...will it be ok if i open the bator (need be) to add water until i can get to the store in the morning to find something? Also any new ideas on that would be great as well.....i found 1 lousy straw in this house and it isnt long enough
sad.png
BTW i have NOT added the eggs yet...i was going to once the humidity was constant tonight, but im thinking it may be safer to wait until morning...well see how late im up

UPDATE: now the humidity is back up to 36%...what the....??? i was just getting ready to add some water when i noticed that and now who knows maybe it will shoot up to 50 or down to 20?!?!?!

Last edited:
ok 3 AM and eggs just put in the bator!! just before i put them in we were at a steady 101.7 and 36% humidity....also i just realized that the little box that i put in the bator to put the thermometer on so that its the same height as the eggs...its the same height as the eggs vertically not horizantally! crud!! is that a big deal that its a little higher than its supposed to be errr...should i go fix it?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom