I just got my first hatching eggs in the mail! "Due" New Years Eve!!

kryptoniteqhs

Rosecomb Rich
12 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Norco, CA
Last edited:
I generally let mailed eggs rest 12 to 24 hours big end up at room temperature before I put them in the incubator. Its probablly going to take a while to get the new incubator dialed in so that should work out about right.
I sometimes cook and eat eggs that are cracked in shipping. If the idea doesn't sit well with you you can boil them up and feed them to your flock.
db

You need to let them rest with the large end up for about 6 hours or so.I usually wait overnight depending on how old they are.

Congrats
smile.png

if the eggs that are crack are not crack to bad you can still put them in. i have had crack eggs hatch before
smile.png
an let the eggs rest for about 6 hours before you put them in the bator

Last edited:
i took pictures of the two that are cracked...i think theyre bad....one of them is leaking so defnitely bad on that one, but the other one "looks" bad on one part, but i think it may be ok...ok well i just went and looked at it and on the part that looks the worse theres a teeny tiny little bubble of liquid....so probably not so good....but i wont throw them out till u guys tell me...also one of the eggs is up side down...what do i do????

4j2ejo.jpg

cracked-the worst
30c4ze9.jpg

1y47d1.jpg

207rr6t.jpg

the one not leaking as badly
rh8h28.jpg

23gxs9d.jpg

25sy6mf.jpg

24e1dom.jpg

ok so they look worse in the pictures than in real life, but i think that if it gets through the membrane theyre done for...am i right? both of them have.....so trash or dinner?

Last edited:
I've read someplace that a person got some cracked eggs and just for grins covered the cracks with melted candle wax, (I think it was), to seal the cracks and went ahead and put them in the bator. I remember that at least one hatched.

You might search "incubating cracked eggs"??

thanks and one more thing...theyve been here since about 9am but i just now opened them to look....do i start the 12 hour thing at nine this morning or from when i opened them?

Back
Top Bottom