I just got Some EEs

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by LAseramas KP, Mar 14, 2011.

1. LAseramas KP

LAseramas KP Songster

Feb 7, 2011
    LA , SoCal
    Is 17 a lot of EEs is that too many pullets I dont know if I should sell some off please let me know what you think

2. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    Well, the number of chickens should be determined on how much money you have, how much room you have, how much time you have!

First, if you can afford enough food, treats, supplements and meds when needed. Second, if you have large enough coop/run/area (remember: the suggested sq footage for each bird is 4 in the coop (IF you live in a mild climate and your birds can go out most days this could be less) and 10 in the run..IF you free range a lot this doesn't have to be this high.. Next would be TIME; it will take you a few extra min. to clean up after, wash waterers and fill feeders for 17 compared to say 4...

YOU have to weigh all these and make your decision... AND is EEggers the only breed you want?? Or would you rather sell some and have a mixed flock of different breeds??

I purchased 11 true Ameraucanas for 20$, raised them until they were 16 weeks old. I pulled out the four I like the best--for differnet reasons.. and sold all the others for 12$ each.. Nice easy money...

3. LAseramas KP

LAseramas KP Songster

Feb 7, 2011
    LA , SoCal
    i would like to mix my flock but i guess i got one too many at the time i guess i can give some away to my family and friends and add some maran and some Ameraucanas but i have to wait cause the nice lady i got them from is hatching them out from the incubator im hoping for some pullet but only time will tell

4. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Well, if she's hatching them for you, it sounds like you will end up with some cockerels, so you could keep some layers & at least one roo. The rest you can re-sell...or not!

5. LAseramas KP

LAseramas KP Songster

Feb 7, 2011
    LA , SoCal
    i may resell some but i dont know who would want them so i might just give them to family and friends

6. mystus808

mystus808 Songster

Jan 15, 2011
    maybe if you give some to your friends and family if u still have some leftover try posting on craigslist maybe someone will want some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: