I just had to share this craigslist ad

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tazcat70, Nov 7, 2008.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

http://wichita.craigslist.org/grd/909459687.html

Now
    I have a rat terrier/chihuahua mix, and he LOVES to chase the chickens, and cats, and anything that will move. The great thing about him, is that he is a big, HUGE scardy cat. The minute a chicken or a cat turn on him, he is yipping all the way across the yard like he is dying! [​IMG]

Edited to add...wonder if they have any hatching eggs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is the most convoluted ad I have ever seen. A rate terrier as a guard dog. Yeah, if your flea!!!!

3. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Who will guard the chickens from the terrier? My Jack Russell, Bob, will hunt and destroy anything that moves just for fun... including chickens. He is a great mouser, better than a cat. He even caught a Cardinal last week.

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    [​IMG] More like THEY would get eaten by whatever comes to get the chickens!

5. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

I have rat terriers, best dogs ever! My female thinks she's the flock's mother, lol. The runt actually chases her!

Very nice dogs, I love them. [​IMG]

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    we had a rat terrier when I was a kid, the best rat dog we ever had and protected my sister and I fiercely. Died where she slept, behind my grandfathers chair, 2 weeks after he died. I can see it, if it is raised with chickens. May not fight off large animals but they sure do make a lot of noise and fight like they were 10 times bigger.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Mine has been raised with the chickens since she was 6 weeks old...she still likes to kill them. She sets by the pen hoping I'll leave the gate open again. She's a good little watch dog so she and my other big dog do keep predators away, but she'd happily eat the chickens if she got the chance again. Their prey drive is hard to overcome.

8. RobotChicken

RobotChicken Chicken TV Addict

Oct 16, 2008
    Colorado Baby!
    My golden knows that the chickens are not lunch and are not chew toys, he is perfectly willing to hang out with them in the run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by