I just hatched my first goose egg!

Yeah, if you take food out at night (they don't eat at night anyway) and then put it in in the morning they might learn that you are the food monster, lol, and that you give them good stuff. I always hold mine on the couch. Can you maybe lock your cats up or something in a different room? I hold several at a time for a while, and then I take them somewhere they've never been before and with no other people around, and set one of them down. Then I walk away. When you walk away, don't look back, but make a bunch of nice sounds and call it. The one will probably come running after you. They also love treats. Mine never loved peas, but others say they do. Mine really just love fresh grass. Oh, get them used to tons of foods as babies because they usually become food snobs as adults. Make sure you offer chick grit free choice though. I liked putting my only little gosling in my, um, shirt. Lol. I think that honestly really helped though. Skin to skin contact is really helpful in the bonding process I think. I carried my little gosling around in there all the time. If you have multiples though I bet you could hold one for like 20 minutes or so and then switch. I would hold as many as possible at a time for about 15 minutes and then switch. Once they will follow you pretty good, take out one gosling at a time and set it down behind you. Walk a small lap with it, and then put another one down and get them both following you. Then put down another, etc. until they're all following you. Then go walk all around with them. You can take them outside for a few minutes too if it's above 45 degrees. I always let mine swim for a couple minutes too and then towel dry them afterwards. That's all I can think of right now. Let me know if you have any more questions. 😉
Oh my gosh thank you so much I love all of those suggestions! Yes mine are such food snobs now I never saw anything be so picky lol. Only grass and lettuce they are so strict. Haha I would be fine with putting them in my shirt!
Yes we have a sliding door for the living room because the cats hate Christmas lol.
Honestly though those are such awesome suggestions. I don’t think I handled the ducks enough because they would always scream bloody murder so I started to feel bad.
I’m going to try all of those I would love them all to be friendly but even if one or two are I’ll take that!

Oh my gosh thank you so much I love all of those suggestions! Yes mine are such food snobs now I never saw anything be so picky lol. Only grass and lettuce they are so strict. Haha I would be fine with putting them in my shirt!
Yes we have a sliding door for the living room because the cats hate Christmas lol.
Honestly though those are such awesome suggestions. I don’t think I handled the ducks enough because they would always scream bloody murder so I started to feel bad.
I’m going to try all of those I would love them all to be friendly but even if one or two are I’ll take that!
SO happy to help! I hope they turn out awesome for you! It would probably be really good to separate the cats so you can have them in the living room for a bit. Good luck with your new birds, make sure you post pics of them!

SO happy to help! I hope they turn out awesome for you! It would probably be really good to separate the cats so you can have them in the living room for a bit. Good luck with your new birds, make sure you post pics of them!
They are going to be so pissed haha but that’s ok I will definitely post pics!

News from the incubator room!!!
It’s been a month as of yesterday. Ms Looney turned a month old 🤗
5DA63EC8-3425-4065-AB54-9F11AA3362C0.jpeg

On her month old birthday, 6 more brothers, sisters, and cousins from the Toulouse crew hatched. The incubator room is all a buzz ❤️😘
8D2C7C60-8AD3-4AD5-862A-DE6D8A3C1E8E.jpeg

Ms Looney is not taking it very well AT all. But during our imprinting sessions we love on her and introduce a bit of neck noodling with each baby.
Hoping it irons out soon because 6 more are due to hatch April 14th 😳
A side note though. The two male white Chinese always fought off the male Toulouse from the girls. So we figured there would be none. Can you imagine my face when that first dark gosling came out? We had designs on selling the Toulouse and going straight Chinese.
Now that I’ve hatched them and started loving on them in 24 hours 🤔

They came and went :( I sold them but I am super upset about it so I might hatch more or not because then I have to keep them. If u read through the thread I think I posted my whole dilemma unless that was a different thread lol
Oh, I thought you were ordering some? Maybe I misread it or something

Back
Top Bottom