1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I just need a bear hug :/

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickengal505, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    *sigh* I found out today my best friend/ boyfriend is ditching the state come the end of eighth grade... thats like 3/4 of a year away... The one person who I can call in hysterics at 3 am and not have to explain what the fight was about this time... or the one person who refuses to change when the rest of my life is spining out of control.... is uprooting himself and leaving the one place he hates (quote him) with a purple poka dotted passion. He said he'll do anything to leave. And I guess that means hitting the delete button on any self estem that was building up inside me [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry to hear this. do you think it is all possible you can stay in contact with your friend?

3. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    'And I guess that means hitting the delete button on any self estem that was building up inside me '

You can not get self esteem from another person, has to come from within.

4. DinosRBirds

DinosRBirds Hunted by Moonlight

Feb 1, 2011
    Lake Huron,MI
    [​IMG]

5. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    [​IMG]

Aw, I remember those days. My best friend moved at the end of 8th grade just before we went to H.S. He was my best friend since the second grade. We did EVERYTHING TOGETHER. He was like my brother.

I STILL miss him. We barely kept in contact and now I'm friends with his wife on facebook and they have a baby girl. Man, time flies.

Keep in contact with him the best you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It ain't easy, kid. I didn't think I was going to make it through high school without him. Granted - I did....and I had a great time. I bet all will be well with you even though it doesn't seem so now.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  6. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    I'm so sorry. This must be rough. I know this is hard, but you will get through it! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  7. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    Quote:No, it doesn't. Not if you don't let it. Take him leaving as a new chapter in your life. Yeah, it'll be hard, but you can do it.

8. cyrhere

cyrhere Previously cyrbernal

Dec 15, 2010
    Bacolod City
    So sorry to hear that. I know its hard, but you can't keep him from doing what he wants (or what he's supposed to do. idk). Maybe there's a deeper reason for him leaving? Ask him. try seeing it from his angle.

If anything, technology makes us feel more connected now than ever. I bet you guys are friends on FB! Talk to him there once he's away. Communication doesn't have to be lost despite the distance.[​IMG]

9. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG] You still have him the rest of the year! Enjoy the moments you have

10. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Quote:[​IMG] Totally agree!

[​IMG] I am sorry for your hurt and saddness, but as you get older this type of thing will happen more and more. People will and grow and move on. Friends will come and go. It sucks but it's part of life. Besides since you are still young, there are plenty of other fish in the sea [​IMG] Best wishes to you!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by