I just need a bit more strength and patience

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by HeatherLynn, Jan 17, 2011.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I need a bit of prayer too. Its nothing major. The baby is teething and sick. She can't sleep. tylenol, motrin, orajel, and even the benedryl the doctor said would help. None of it is helping. She has a fever that goes up to 102.9 and is all congested. It never goes higher than that so the doc doesn't think its an issue but I have not slept more than an hour in 3 nights and I will admit I am not going to be winning any good mommy awards. The other 3 will tell you mommy is grumpy. I am trying to keep up with what everyone wants. I did a 2 day sleep over for one of their friends, took them out on a field trip today and yet I know they are upset because I am grumpy and tired. The baby girl will not nap and is not sleep at night. Even when I hold her she cannot sleep more than 10 or 15 min at a time. I was so tired and desperate today I just cried with her. Was a pretty low point.

I am told this lasts for usually 3 or 4 days. Please pray that I can make it through this will a bit more grace than I am at present.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I wish I had sage advice for you. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It is okay to let them cry if you have to. It still breaks my heart when they are crying because they are so miserable. Just make sure that the lights are out, and also make sure that there is no stimulus going on during the night. You can use a small night light so that you don't fall or crash into things. But by the time my third kid showed up, I had learned how important sleep is. I would change and feed him, but then if he was a wake, I would put him in the baby swing, and go back to bed. He adapted fairly fast.

4. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Hey.... hang in there! [​IMG] Motherhood can be very trying sometimes. I was a colicky baby and my father had to take me driving in the car because that was the only way to make me quiet. [​IMG]
    Even the little things matter. [​IMG]

What Did I Do Today? from netmums.com

Today I left some dishes dirty,
    The bed got made around 3:30.
    The diapers soaked a little longer,
    The odor grew a little stronger.
    The crumbs I spilled the day before,
    Are staring at me from the floor.
    The fingerprints there on the wall,
    Will likely be there still next fall.
    The dirty streaks on those window panes,
    Will still be there next time it rains.
    Shame on you, you sit and say,
    Just what did you do today?

I nursed a baby till he slept,
    I held a toddler while she wept.
    I played a game of hide and seek,
    I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
    I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
    Taught a child right from wrong.
    What did I do this whole day through?
    Not much that shows, I guess that's true.
    Unless you think that what I've done,
    Might be important to someone,
    With bright brown eyes and soft brown hair,
    If that is true...I've done my share.

5. RoeDylanda

RoeDylanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Central CT
    [​IMG] to you. This is one of the toughest times, and I hope she's through it soon.

6. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    She slept. It was not a perfect night but I only had to spend about 2 hours of it walking the floor with her so thats a huge improvement. I think I actually even got 6 hours of sleep which is awesome. I tried to get through chores and all the special stuff the kids wanted to do yesterday on an hour sleep and it was rough. I think I went through the day delirious.

Her 2nd top tooth finally broke all the way through the gums and her fever broke sometime this morning so hopefully we are near the end of this rough patch. I hope the next teeth come individually. Two coming at once in the middle of a cold was a bit of a challenge for us both. Thanks so much for the hugs and encouragement.

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] stuffiness in a baby rots!!! how about putting her in a baby swing with just a diaper-in the bathroom and run hot hot water to produce steam for her? Baby vicks vapor rub on her chest?? suction her poor widdle nose with a bulb syringe?

teething-the thing I found great was a frozen bananna in one of those netted looking pacifiers?? Its about the size of a pacifier and it has a strong netting to put frozen items in for teething--love it!!! been 12 years since Ive had to deal with that though so I dont know what they are called:-(

Hang in there it gets better [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  8. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    [​IMG] there is nothing worse than a baby that won't sleep unless of course its screaming too!!![​IMG]
    Glad to hear you got some sleep and hopefully that will make you feel better. My 4 kids are gown up, well grown up enough to sleep through the night, so you do get there eventually, you just never think you will get there when you are in the middle of it!!
    Take care of yourself and i wish you luck for the next tooth!!!!

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Glad that things are starting to resolve.[​IMG]

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] Oh, hun, I don't miss those days! Glad to hear you got more sleep last night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by