I just ordered a Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco!

Quote:
Shipping was $42 and I'm in Kansas. It does seem like a lot, but then it's a pretty fool proof bator. I know next to nothing (even less when I was hatching this spring and stumbled upon this website) and had a good hatch. I had something like 6 out of 12 hatch. Of the 6 that didn't hatch, four were not fertile (I don't know how to candle), and two were dead in shell. I think the two dead in shell chicks could have been my fault somehow, or not, but those are still pretty good odds. I had no control over the fertilization. And since I plan on mostly hatching out my own stock next year, I think I'll have pretty good results.

Haha That's an awesome choice. I love mine
cool.png

My first hatch 3/3 came out.

Today is my second hatch, 5/9 so far, 3 zipped! I have to check up on them when I get home.

It's a total set and forget it incubator
smile.png

Congrats & Have fun with it!!

So far we really love this bator! Jacob, my 12 year old, had it set up before I even got a look at the box
smile.png
It works great! The thermometer that it comes with says temp is 100. We put a digital thermometer on the eggs and it's a constant 98.6 so I'm not sure which one we should be going by. Other than that we love it! It's a snap to turn eggs by hand so we saved money by not buying the egg turner.

Back
Top Bottom