1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I just placed my first order for SPRING!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by herechickchick, Nov 19, 2007.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Murray Has the 2008 Book ready and they are taking orders!

Has anyone else ordered yet? If so what did you get?

I ordered:
    White orpingtons
    White polish
    Silver laced polish
    Mottled houdan
    Turken
    Salmon Favorolles
    New hampshire red
    Egyptian fayoumi
    SL Wyandotte
    WC Black polish
    Dark brahmas
    Red caps

All GIRLS! I have ordered multiples of most so I will be selling off some. Email me if you might be interested. They will be here the week of Feb. 11, 2008

I CANT WAIT!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

And, Adam, dear, just how big is your brooder and coop?! You are sooooo addicted, hon. There is really no hope now.
    [​IMG]

3. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    NO all hope is gone! I am converting my grandfathers old art studio into a coop. I am hoping to put about 30 nesting boxes in. We free range so the entire backyard is free to them. Also I like to see what all the different kinds look like in person, I don't keep them all, I sell a lot of them. It works out well because I have a lot of new friends that I have made doing this and it gives me the chance to drive my babies out of town to their new home and I get to visit with friends that otherwise I might not see. So it works out. My limit at home is 25 adult birds.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, the only way to know if you'll really like a breed is to try it. I've tried some I thought I'd love and didn't, and tried some I didn't think I'd like and do very much. You just never know! I think it's the best hobby in the world! And now I know YOU and so many other great people because of it.

5. lexustami

lexustami Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    St. Clairsville, OH
    You almost got me there. I was up to 30 chicks in my shopping cart when I realized what I was doing.

I know I'm going to hatch out my own chicks in the Spring so why do I need to order more??? LOL

Take care,

Tami

6. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:Because you can NEVER have to many peeps!

7. jazzchicken

jazzchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2007
    Georgia
    I will probably be intereted in the new hampshire reds and silver laced wyandotte, one of each. I dont't know for sure, but when i'll let you know.

8. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    I ordered all "working" birds.

RIR
    Sussex
    Pearl Leghorns
    Black Giants
    Dark Cornishs'
    Barred Rocks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by