i just seen a chicken hawk circling around my chickens. what do i do?

My advice if your chickens are free ranging is to provide them with many options to hide - bushes, pallets, etc. I've seen people use old truck cabs. Make teepees with limbs placed in the yard (there is a recent thread regarding someone doing just that as well I've seen them on the chicken chick's blog).

No I don't know what you mean because it is a federal law. But, you can do it the legal way and get a nuisance permit. Here's a thread that talks about that with links: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/legal-elimination-of-hawks-and-owls.113482/
As well it is easy enough to research the internet and find the direct links if you don't want to wade through the thread.
I just stated a solution to the problem. Killing venomous snakes is illegal in my state but every game warren I've met said they'd kill them in a heartbeat too. Marijuana is federally "illegal" but we all know its harmless... I let my moral compass guide me in life not the laws. My chickens > Predators

I love hawks, but if its a hawk vs. my chickens... I'd have to cull that hawk with a shotgun.
Don’t know where y’all live but....we have the RIGHT to protect ourselves from attack. Being protected as a species means hunting and stupid people who waste animals. I will shoot a hawk a skunk a raccoon a fox. Yeah I’d have to call the sherif and let him know. Just to save him a trip to my house. Key words
;) self defense ;)

Don’t know where y’all live but....we have the RIGHT to protect ourselves from attack. Being protected as a species means hunting and stupid people who waste animals. I will shoot a hawk a skunk a raccoon a fox. Yeah I’d have to call the sherif and let him know. Just to save him a trip to my house. Key words
;) self defense ;)
So, the hawks attack you?

Back
Top Bottom