I just stopped by for more starter, and now we have 2 more chicks!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bzbrown, May 27, 2011.

1. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

The feed store owner was busy with another customer, so I just had me a looksie at the chicks they had while waiting my turn.

Long story short, we now have 2 new chicks, much younger and smaller than the other two we have. This is it, my limit is 4. I have four chicks in my living room.

So, I've got the little guys separate from the bigger little guys. I believe my coop and run will be roomy enough to house all four, although I will gladly add on if need be, plenty of time for that. I'm still afraid to keep anyone outside at night even though I've yet to see a coyote or other preditor, I don't want to use my "babies" as bait. They're fine in the living room "coops" for now. I do take the bigger little guys outside for supervised pen time.

Anyway, so now we have more chicks. Any tips.

Also the breeds are Wyandotte, Rhode Island Red, and two Silkies. No clue about gender.

And one more question. Is there a "general" place on this forum to post in daily? I feel silly posting in introductions since I've already made mine, but wasn't sure where else to go...

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote:Just wait until you go buy more starter [​IMG] then your limit shall be 6...then 8...then 12 [​IMG] It's called chicken math!

[​IMG] from Indiana!!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    To answer your posting question...if you look at the top right of the BYC Home page you can get to the Forum. From there you can choose the category that you want to post your topic in. Be sure to subscribe to your own posts so that you know when you get answers. Clear as mud? [​IMG]

5. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. DancingHen

DancingHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Central Oregon Coast
    [​IMG] Going to the feed store when they have chicks in is always risky. [​IMG] Enjoy your new fuzzy butts. Try posting your general posts under the "Pictures & Stories of my Chickens" section. Click on the index link to view the list of categories and post in the section which seems most appropriate for whatever you have to share at the moment. Hope that helps.[​IMG]

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. That chicken math creeps up on you and you don't even know it. [​IMG] That's is why I make the DH build my pens with screws. It is easier to make bigger. [​IMG]

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana

9. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your birds.

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by