I just want to cry!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TennesseeTruly, May 17, 2009.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I have a variety of eggs, (chocolate call ducks, SLW, OEG's, and a bunch of others), and we lost power during the night! I just want to cry. The power was off from 3am until 9:30am. The temps in the "bators went down to 73. I covered them with blankets to keep the heat in but the outside temps are cold today which brought the house temps down.

Most eggs are due to hatch within the next 10 days. Is there any hope for my eggs?? Or should I just give up?

I'm absolutely devastated here. I have newborn guinea keets that I put in a very small box and kept warm so they're doing okay but now I'm worried about my eggs.

Laurie

2. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    Never give up. Lots of us, if not most of us have found ourselves in the same boat. I for one remember coming home from work one day to find I had left the lid off the 'bator in the am. Keep going. Things often work out just fine.
    db

3. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    Don't give up...

I have heard countless stories of power outages...Or elevated temps for hours....

Just get the temps and humidity up to what is expected ...then wait..

Best To You!!!

Edited because of Grammar

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  4. chicken5432

chicken5432 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    western kentucky
    they will still hatch dont worry

5. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I had a hen leave her nest and the eggs were very cold, about 50 deg. outside. I put them under another more than 24 hours later and they were fine. They just "slow down" growth during the cold spell. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. good luck.

6. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    lots of stories of that happening and baby chicks galore keep on going, candle if you will.

7. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Never lose hope, Never give up !

8. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Don't give up hope. Stay the course. I've read and lived so many stories of things like this. Bless you and have a good evening.

9. Terry

Terry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2008
    Lexington,NC
    Hang in there hun I was about to give up and toss mine and they just hatched today [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by