I JUTS BUILT MY NEW INCUBATOR! (pics added!)

Yep sure do. I know it looks like allot of contraptions in there from the pics but its actually really simple and it only took me about 1.5 hours to put it all together. It was fun too! Now lets just hope it hatches something!
big_smile.png

temps only dropped about 1/2 of a degree over night ( expected more because its colder in my house at night) So thats awesome! I am so happy with the way this thing is running so far. Now lets just hope it stays this way till the end and I get some nice babies!

Quote:
Vent holes are for air flow because without good air flow the embryos die. there is an exchange of gases equivalent to breathing. Without the air flow your eggs pretty much suffocate.

The thermometer/hydrometer MUST be inside the incubator. The probe only measures a temperature. The accurite body is what measures humidity.

Yes again I know this...I do not like to use the accurite ones because they are not accurate. I have hygrometers from the pet store in there you can see it in the pic in the corner. The holes for air are not only for fresh air they also circulate the heated and cool air to keep the heat from building up and up. I cant wait to see how it will differ when I add the fan in a few days. I have already hatched in one like this a few years ago and they really do work. I just wanted to add some extras on that I thought would make it all the better. As you can see in the pics I added of the first one it had nothing. Just a cooler, a welded wire shelf the light and air holes. This one is way better I hope! LOL No more hand turning and opening the lid to add water. Now if only my fan would get here I wouldnt have to worry about the eggs closer to the bulb being warmer than the ones farther away either. untill then I will rotate the eggs once a day. JEN

thank you gump and no spring chick! I have put allot of thought in this since I did the first one a couple of years ago. I have jotted down notes in my "chicken note book" when I would see something at the store that may work. LOL I knew some day I would want to build another one. I am going to buy a new Little Giant bator this weekend and fit it with a fan and thoes turners and see how it works! I got so mad at my old ones that I threw them out! LOL O well I guess we all do dumb things sometimes. LOL

Last edited:
Great job Jen...I remember all the nice hatches you had in the other one
wink.png

This was nice of you to post on here with pics and how it works...

THNAKS TUFF! I just KNEW I couldnt be the only one whos been around this long. LOL I fugured someone MUST remember all my millions of posts about hatching on the other byc. boy I was so excited about evey little thing back them wasnt I? LOL I posted about EVERYTHING! but I also had allot more time on my hands then as well.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom