I knew I should have named her Chicken Little

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chickiemom25, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Chickiemom25

Chickiemom25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    North Alabama
    We had bad winds today ( first time winds for my 8 month olds). As usual, when I let them out of the run, they dashed out in the backyard ( we are in the suburb). Well my Orpington ran around like the sky is falling.. Her feathers all ruffled. instead of getting back to the coop, all 3 hens decided to brave the winds... The Plymouth Rock weighs a ton so I don't worry about her. the Americauna tends to always have her feet on the ground, never on the bbq or window sill. However when I got home tonight after dark, only the Americauna and the PR were in the coop. No feathers around so I don't think predator. I will keep the 2 in the coop tomorrow in hopes that the stupid Orp hears them from the other side of a fence and flies home. The Orp stuck around long enough to lay her egg. She isn't in the orange, fig, or lemon tree and I didn't find her in the abandoned dog house which is one of her favorite places when she doesn't return to the coop. I hope she is ok:(

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Hope she is hiding somewhere safe & you can give her a scolding tomorrow. [​IMG]

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:X2, hoping she is safe too. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by