• Speckled Sussex No.1 Roo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All Roos

• All Pullets

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Buff Pullet

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Speckled Sussex No.1 Pullet (black strip down the middle of back))

• Speckled Sussex No.2 Pullet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With that much white on that Speckled Sussex and the amount of comb it was showing, I can't believe anyone said pullet. lol I've always found male SS to show a lot of white as chicks. Pullets tend to feather out darker when they are younger.

The Orpington is almost certainly a Lemon Cuckoo. I don't have that particular variety, but that's what it looks like to me.

I guess maybe not had experience with the breed. I think all tye guess come with the caveat that no one knows for sure until they lay or crow.

It's pretty cool to have a lemon Cuckoo though!

🤣 Crusher of Dreams now that's a nickname!

My dreams have definitely been crushed this week that's for sure!
1673025999401.png

1673026012490.png

He didn't when I sexed him. Most 6 week olds have a redder comb than him. Tell yourself whatever you need to to feel better about all the SS you've been wrong on. View attachment 3368662
I had them. Forty of them. 33 were roosters. I got reeeeeaaaaaallllll good at picking out a cockerel. lol

:tongue

That's the slowest developing SS cock I've ever seen. He's still not even red.

Post pics in a few more weeks. Let's see how long it takes.

They are all super slow! None of them are red really, the comb and wattles are nothing to write home about and the feathers popped up last week I'm sure.

I had no inkling before Christmas that there was something off. They have no Roo behaviour and those neck feathers were not there! The Orpington was big but seems to have double in size.

I'll add pictures in a few weeks if we still have them for sure 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom