i know my rabbit isnt a chicken but still curious and also a chicken

chickencrazy21

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 22, 2012
west covina california
i know alot of you have rabbits or bunnys (same thing?) on halloween we were buying chicken feed form our local feed store and i happend to look at there rabbits and they had the cutest rabbit i have ever seen and we bought her after thinking about it a bit. she is so soft shes still getting used to me. i have no clue what kind she is. the lady said she was litter trained and was already fixed. i do know she is a girl. since we got her on halloween we named her pumpkin seed pumpkin for short. it was so cute how we introuduced her to our nephews. she was in a box and i was like come look at the awsome pumpkin we found. they fell in love and so have i. my sister had a rabbit before but sadly esther the rabbit did not have a good outcome (dad forgot to fill her glass water dish and she baked yikes!) i however will not let pumpkin suffer that fate. shes in a big cage and we plan on putting her up in a hutch my aunt gave us for her. shell be in with our chickens while were up there to run around but she wont run around if were not up there. any tips you can give me will be appreciated she has some feed and alfalfa hay and a hide away thing in her cage and some balls to play with and cardboard to tear up and we give her treats. i need to clip her toenails but dont know how. if you know what kind she is please let me know. also if you have some good easy coops to build for 10 chickens plz post links. we need to build coops for our 28 chickens. love owning chickens! and our bunny..or is it rabbit? lol also ive been wondering what exactly type of chicken cruella devil is we adopted her from the shelter. she still isnt laying eggs. dont know if she hasnt matured yet or if shes past the egg laying stage. either way shes staying but i was just curious. i dont have a recent picture of her but i have one of her from when we adopted her.

heres a better picture of her hole body. she doesnt have that carboard box as a hide away anymore we got her this big plastic one from petco and i dont feed her alot of carrots becuz i know they have alot of sugar.

shes a little bigger now defiantly heavier. her names cruella devil and she has feathers on the outside of her feet. her feet are yellow.

Tri color Mini Rex, very pretty
smile.png

Cute Bunny! and that's a Light brahma hen I believe... Very pretty... she'll lay darker brown eggs but not copper maran dark but def darker then rhode island red eggs :)

i was about to say i hope shes not a rooster. we already had to get ride of one of the first two chickens we got. little bo peep turned out to be big old bo. thankfully we havnt heard any crowing since we took him back to the feed store. i have suspisions one of our teens is a rooster but until i hear crowing im not doing a dam thing. thankfully i have a friend nearby who will take any of our chickens who turn out to be roosters. and thank you she is pretty thats why we got her. and oddly enough we have a red rhode island hen we got her with little boo peep they were our first. and we have a cooper maran too. we have alot of diffrent kinds but like 7 easter eggers.

Back
Top Bottom