I know what breeds the farmer had. Don't know what I ended up with.

spiffwilkie

Songster
8 Years
Mar 22, 2011
Memphis, TN
We got some hatching eggs from a local feed store. The owner just gave us some for free, but didn't know which eggs came from what chicken.
According to the farmer he had a barred rock and a Rhode Island Red rooster.
His hens were black sex links, Rhode Island Reds, Ameraucana, and barred rock.

Any idea what sort of breeds/mixes I have below? And if they are pullets/roos? They are all 9 weeks right now.
Thanks!

3 and 5 are definitly barred rocks and the rest look more like reds, though they could be sex-links

I am no expert but they all look like pullets to me.
as others have said 3 & 5 are def. BR with the others being RIR or Red/cross.

We got some hatching eggs from a local feed store. The owner just gave us some for free, but didn't know which eggs came from what chicken.
According to the farmer he had a barred rock and a Rhode Island Red rooster.
His hens were black sex links, Rhode Island Reds, Ameraucana, and barred rock.

Any idea what sort of breeds/mixes I have below? And if they are pullets/roos? They are all 9 weeks right now.
Thanks!

^^ cockerel

^^ cockerel

^^ leaning towards cockerel

^^ pullet

^^ cockerel

^^ cockerel I think

@ Jamie,can you explain how you came to your conclusions?
I am not disagreeing with you,just looking to learn.

their combs and legs are thick i agree with jamie at this age if it was pullet it would have small comb and wattle like number 4 and a cockerel would have thick legs big comb and wattles that are really red so the rest i think are cockerels ask me anything or anyone else here were here to help out as much as we all can

I think 4 & 6 are pullets and the others are cockerels. I'm not as confident on #6 though, it could also be a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom