I live in Ramsey County, Minnesota, all i want is 3 chickens.

PrehistoricChicken

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
I'm not quite sure how to research the bylaws... I looked a bit online, I found St.Paul which I live near, that said you CAN have chickens. So does that mean I can? Since I live by it and that's all that was there...? Can anyone help me out on researching?

You can try going to your town/city's webpage.
Try the Health Department, Animal Control and also your Town/City Ordinances and Zoning...
In my town, there is NO agricultural zoning...
But there's at least 5 people that I know of that have chickens in their backyards.

Hi. In Minnesota, animal regs are by municipality. We're in St. Paul. You have to have a permit to keep them legally. Keep an eye on the news, though, as the regs are up for revision in a few months. Our neighbors (75% of them whose property is adjacent to ours...) had to sign the application saying they were okay with it.

The link to the info page for the St. Paul application is here:

http://www.stpaul.gov/index.asp?NID=1637

Most of the suburbs (Roseville, White Bear, Maplewood) don't allow chickens. I think Shoreview might...

You can always go stealth-chicken, as long as your neighbors won't report you. I wouldn't even think of keeping a roo if you want to be under the radar.

Good Luck!!

Hello. My child is doing an experiment where she'd like to see how different music might effect the number of eggs chickens lay. This will take three weeks of quick daily visits to count eggs. One week there will be no music. Week 2, she will play classical music for 1 - 2 hours on radio, and week three, she'll play rock music. Can anyone help? Looking for someone near Vadnais Heights, MN.

Did you ever get this figured out? I am in the same area, and wanting to get a chicken as well.

Back
Top Bottom