I lost my Barbie last night, rip

jasonm11

Songster
9 Years
Nov 18, 2010
tioga tx
Came home last night to find my younger BR hen dead. She has been acting kinda funny the last week, not roosting wiht the others. Lying around more often and slower to move away. I picked her up last night to listen to her breathing, I could not hear any rasping or wheezing. i put her down but did notice she was lighter than normal. My turkeys have no bugs that I can tell and i feed them flock starter with BOSS and scratch as treats. I noticed some dark green runny poo in the coop last night but nothing else. I'm kind of at a loss here, don't know what to do if anything for the rest of the flock. She was about 6-9 months old. i wil miss my little Barbie doll.
72229_dsc01531.jpg

Quote:
Frosty, it is de wormed! If you worm them, then you give them worms!
lau.gif
Just kidding with you. That's all I think about when I hear somebody say wormed. I work in animal health and one of my animal science teachers at Texas Tech was a veterinarian and would fail you if you said that you wormed something and I just think about his disease class everytime I hear wormed. I know that 9-10 people say it but it just makes me think of that everytime.

Quote:
lau.gif
Just kidding with you. That's all I think about when I hear somebody say wormed. I work in animal health and one of my animal science teachers at Texas Tech was a veterinarian and would fail you if you said that you wormed something and I just think about his disease class everytime I hear wormed. I know that 9-10 people say it but it just makes me think of that everytime.

tongue.gif
Tech-ni-calities! Ok, I'll try not to say that again... just for you!
gig.gif
How about if I say 'have you given them any anthelmintic?'

Quote:
lau.gif

tongue.gif
Tech-ni-calities! Ok, I'll try not to say that again... just for you!
gig.gif
How about if I say 'have you given them any anthelmintic?'

Much better! lol I am in vet clinics every day all day and I even hear some vets say wormed.

Back
Top Bottom