I Lost My Best Friend My Husband Bill

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Yoohoo Wolfie are you out there?? Maybe you are spending more time on the widow's site, but I just wanted you to know we were still here if you need us.
hugs.gif

Just been busy. Plus my laptop freezes and I have a hard time being able to post much.

Kotah starts school this morning. I'm driving him today and tomorrow he's going to try the bus. He and I don't deal well with buses. Takes a while after riding to get our barings. He's upset at not knowing anyone and I didn't mention it, but saw 2 of the kids from our block outside the school when we were leaving from picking up his schedule. He's really paranoid about not fitting in at all and having these kids know where he lives. He doesn't want to go to school at all this year and he was so excited just a couple of weeks ago. I'm still keeping on the other district though. I'm not giving up on him goin gto that school unless I decide to move away. Which I'm concidering.

I'm going to try and get my commisary ID after I drop Dakotah off. Couldn't find my SS card, so spent 3 hours at the office today getting a temperary. Hope they take it.

We picked up 13 chicks in Sac this weekend and then drove them out with us to take Bill some flowers. Kayla picked pinkish red roses and a light pick flower that I can't remember. Bet he was thrilled with our visit. Pink roses, chickens and Makayla running around wanting to know who everyone was. Last time we were able to go, Bill was like 2nd row from the bottom of all new internments. He's in the 6th now. The rows behind him have sod now, but his has mud. When the area he's in is full, he'll be in the 9th row from the bottom. It sad that it won't be long before that area is completely full. I looked around and he's the youngest person within 4 rows. We would have stayed even longer, but it got to the point where the mud was so thick on the bottom of our shoes, we could barely lift our feet. I thought I'd be OK while I was there, but I broke down several times.

I wish I could get past all of this running and paperwork, so I can just lay down for a couple of days and cry and scream. Every single thing I do or things I see make me think of him and it's still hard to believe he's gone. I keep wanting to tell him about things and show him things I see and then I remember he's not here.

I have decided on something I'm going to do though. Hopefully sooner than later. He sold his bike a while back. Bill without a bike was no Bill. He was going to get 2 basket cases. One for him, one for Dakotah. The deal was, he would teach Dakotah all about building his own and then he had to take the Highway Patrol cases, before he could ride. Bill's project actually showed up at his friends house the day after he died. Have no idea where it is now. So....a few years ago I asked Bill to teach me to ride. The back is OK, but I just wanted to ride. Finally got him to say yes and that night a trauma came in for him at work. Guy was teaching his wife to ride and she was killed. Poor guy didn't know that she was gone. Bill called and said to forget it, because he wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to me. I was so bummed. Anyway...oldest grandson is going to the city college and the Highway Patrol class is offered there.
celebrate.gif

I talked to Dakotah, who thinks I can't build a bike and I told him I would get 2 basket cases. One for him, one for me. I grew up restoring cars with my stepdad, old boyfriends and cousins. My first cars was a '57 BelAire and I've worked on lots of old classics in my day. I love old cars! Now??? I want my own Harley. That's what we left our wedding on and I'm going to learn to ride. Finally! May take me a little while since I'm still trying to get us situated, but if I'm going to be alone, I'm gonna ride alone. To bad I didn't do this when my leathers still fit. To bad I waited this long. To bad it hurts worse when I fall these days. Oh well. Still going to do it.​

Quote:
Thank you. Just trying to come up with things to help me do things. Bad enough it takes me hours to get up the nerve to walk outside or leave the house.

Maybe the bike will help. Eventually.

Having to go take car of things has been hard for me to do, but then coming home and he's not here is even harder.

And I've become a chain smoker the past month. So much for quitting this summer.

hugs.gif
Just do what you can one day at a time. And if you want to tel him about stuff tell him!!! By all means! Besides you knew him so well that once you spill it all out you'll probably just know exactly what he'd say! It's not live its memorex! Not as good but still him.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom