I Lost My Cookbook!

Wow! BettyR those look awesome!
droolin.gif

I can't wait to try some of the recipes you guys have given me. I know Zach will be happy. Im going to see my mother and grandmother this weekend and I will get some of thier recipes back. You guys have been a big help. Dragonfly Ranch, I have been over there and got some great bread recipes. Im looking for some casserole recipes and anything eles not fried. I love fried food, but my stomach and gallbladder don't.
hit.gif
I can't have anything carbonaited either because of my kidneys so my culinary life has sucked in the last few days (I love fried taters and coke)

THREE CHEESE MANICOTTI

1 (8 ounce) package manicotti pasta (I use oven ready shells)
16 ounces ricotta cheese
6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
6 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/3 cup dried bread crumbs, seasoned
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups spaghetti sauce

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, drain.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, bread crumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
4. In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, spray dish with non-stick cooking spray and cover bottom of dish with a thin film of spaghetti sauce.
5. Fill each manicotti with cheese mixture and place in dish; cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top of sauce. (I use a piping bag or put the mixture into a freezer bag and cut the corner and use it like a piping bag)
6. Bake in preheated oven uncovered for 40 minutes; serve.

QUICK JAMBALAYA

1 TABLESPOON OIL
1 ONION CHOPPED
1 GREEN PEPPER CHOPPED
2 CLOVES GARLIC FINELY CHOPPED
1 CAN (19 oz 540ml)CHILI STYLE STEWED TOMATOES
¾ CUP CHICKEN BROTH
1 CUP COOKED DICED HAM (OPTIONAL)
1 ½ CUPS INSTANT RICE
20 MEDIUM FROZEN SHRIMP TALES REMOVED (OPTIONAL)

1. HEAT OIL IN A LARGE FRYING PAN. SAUTĒ ONION, GREEN PEPPER AND GARLIC UNTIL TENDER CRISP
2. ADD TOMATOES, CHICKEN BROTH AND HAM. BRING TO A BOIL
3. STIR IN RICE AND THAWED SHRIMP. COVER, REMOVE FROM HEAT AND LET STAND 5 MINUTES

heres a few.. if you want more let me know and I will send the whole file to you.. i am taking my hand written ones and putting them in the word processor to print for my kids when they are older

Last edited:
Quote:
Oooo please do! I have already made copies of all the recipes I have recoverd (and the new ones I have got to try). I think it would be neat to someday pass on my cookbook(s) to my kids some day (whenever I have some
wink.png
)

Back
Top Bottom