I lost one...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Dec 7, 2008.

1. This morning hubs goes out to feed and comes in and says that one of our girls is dead in the nestbox.
    He tells me he thinks it's my only maran, a black chicken. I tell him to go get the body for examination because that maran is only 6 months old and if it dropped dead I need to figure out why.

So he goes to get the body and brings it in a box and I take one look and know it's not my maran girl at all, but my old Lovie [​IMG]
    I rescued her from a chicken-dumb neighbor earlier this year and brought her back from a nasty dog bite on her rear. Apprently she was anywhere from 4-8 years old and still gave the occasional extra large egg. We showed her in the pet section at the fair this year too.
    Poor girl. I have no idea what killed her. Her body is intact and she was fine yesterday. No nasal discharge or anything like that, poo was normal.
    Anyone think I should worry or do you think it was just her time?

Poor Lovie, she was my buddy [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  2. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Lots of [​IMG]

My buff orp that I've been doctoring for almost two weeks was dead this morning, too. [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm sad, too.

3. [​IMG] Sorry for your loss too.

4. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lovie was lucky she got to spend her last months with someone who cared about her.

I hope your day gets a lot better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by