I love coming home!!!

LilRalphieRoosmama

Officially Quacked
12 Years
Oct 15, 2007
Elyria, OH
My babies run to greet me as soon as they hear my car pull in. I ran in the house, got my camera and snapped this pic and they were STILL waiting! Waiting for what, I don't know
hu.gif
because I never give them treats this close to the house. They are like a pack of little puppies - they follow me everywhere!! I just love it.
love.gif

DSC03863.jpg

you must have done a great job raising them! my girls are the same. when you open the coop to give them food or water, they crowd around and some of fly fly right off the perch and land outside the door. i let them out every day to scratch around, but in the winter i put them all back in once im done changing the water/feeding/giving treats. i can't wait until the ladies are able to come out and play. the snow is leaving fast so it shouldn't be long
smile.png

They get plenty of both. They are so spoiled!!

Our snow is finally gone so I've been letting them out in the morning before I leave. They are so happy to be out!

I know how you feel! Mine come when I call them and crowd around me waiting for their turn to be pet. They are so nice! Definitely like puppies!

Haha! That's adorable!

My home-raised chickens would follow me and come when I call them. Our "new girls" (that were given to us as adults) only come to me if I have treats.

The other day I was walking down our long driveway to grab the mail and all of a sudden I hear a pattering on the asphalt, I turn around to see my grey hen running after me, running as fast as she could to catch up with me - If I knew she had that much stamina, I would have taught her to fetch the mail... lol

Quote:
I crack up when they run all-out like that! furiously pumping those little legs! ha ha it definitely makes you smile even if you've had a terrible day. My #1 hen does that a lot. She doesn't want to miss out on ANY action.

a friend of ours was here doing some work in the yard the other day and was astonished when my girls came running to me as soon as I went out the back door. He said, "I never saw chickens run TO somebody before; when we were kids we always saw them running away from somebody. That's why when somebody runs away you call them chicken." ah, he just hasn't been around the right ones.
smile.png

Another story... sometimes if I drive up the lane to my house and park but I'm on a cell phone call or something where I don't get out of the car right away, my turkeys will walk up real close to my window and stretch their necks up high and stare/peer right into my car window! Sometimes I don't see them coming and it scares the cr** out of me! But that friendly turkey hen is just looking for crumbs....
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom