i love craigslist (total sarcasm)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hypnofrogstevie, Feb 21, 2008.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Well the good news is one pup got adopted out to a loving couple. Another adopter is comeiong over saturday. Anyway I show the guys pics of the remaining pups. he says they look sick even though they have been vet checked. He threatens that he will get me kicked off the site. Gotta love craigslist

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Congrats on finding a home for a pup. [​IMG]

I would just ignore what that person's saying . If your pups are deemed healthy by a vet, you should have nothing to worry about.

There are always people out there who have no life and just enjoy causing trouble for other people.

3. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    saturday is going to be the best adoption story. this ladys dog passed away and the vets never said why. her big dog is always whining and has been depressed since the lost of her best friend. she is bringing the dog over to pick out her new friend and the lady is bringing her whole family [​IMG]

I changed my post and put my #. I am getitng down all the contact info of the person. that way if there is another problem I am reporting to the police

Thank you for replying [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
  4. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    theres a secret group that hides in the craigslist forums they target people trying to find homes for animals. when ever they see an ad that doesnt meet their strict made up requirements for proper animal care they gang up and get the adds flagged.

5. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Craigslist can be great, but WOW do people make you work for it! [​IMG]

6. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    well so far my post has not been deleted. No calls yet but its still early. i wish my roosters would be adopted out as fast as the pups are. I may delete my add and repost it again. what can be better then free?

7. mattmatts-momma

mattmatts-momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    That's good that you are trying to find them good homes. I am amazed at all of the lost and unwanted dogs in my area. I read the Pet section on Craigslist just about everyday, it's just amazing the number of dogs on there.

We just got a dog after Thanksgiving that was lost and then found by a friend of my husbands. We had just lost a dog to sickness and our other dog seemed very lonely since his running mate was no longer with him. And then this dog comes along! What perfect timing! He is a really good dog and I can't believe that no one responded to ANY of the found ads that were posted. This is the third dog we have taken in, because no one wanted them and they have all been great. I think that they know you are giving them the chance they need.

Here is our new guy:
    [​IMG]

And another rescue from 10 years ago!
    [​IMG]

8. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    they are beutiful [​IMG]. There are so many unwated cats in our area. you should check out our area. free kittens and cats. there was even a free pitbull and a free nonsense. sheesh!.

I have to buy a scanner so you guys can see our last adoption that was way beyond perfect. The ladys dog passed away and she was looking for a dog friend for her surviving dog. He was a BIG dog. they fell in love right when they met. She sent me a letter that says. "everything is going well. we named the dog (scarlette o'harra".) I never knew how depressed my dog was till scarlette came around. She perked up. They play in the field and run everywhere with eachother."

I have about 7 or more pics. one of her next to a christmas tree and a few of her playing in the field with her big dog "guiness"

9. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    I just had an issue with an add I replied to on craigslist. I let it go but my husband wanted me to call the police. Not sure what they could do. Basically the add was a cry for help titled ( Urgent Emergency care needed ) so since I have a fairly extensive background with animas, but specifically dogs in rescue, shelters, showing, rehabing, hospitals, plus my dad was a Vet, I replied.
    The ad goes on to say that this woman found a dog half dead in the road and took it to the Vet. They said that the condition it was in was most likely to neglect and abuse. It has deformed legs and feet from being left in a crate too small, can't control it's urine or bowel movements, etc. However it has this incredible "hope" showing through. Ok, so my mistake was telling her that sometimes the best kind of love we can show is by having the dog euthansized. Oh boy. I knew it was an iffy chance ( and sorry if I have offended anyone here ) but with the condition she stated the dog in, I'm not sure what she wanted to do for it? It couldn't walk, control itself, etc. My heart did break for the suffering he's gone through.
    Anyway, I get a reply back that quiet frankly my husband took as a threat. She dropped the "F" bomb every other word, telling me that I'm the type of person that is wrong with this world, I have not clue what I'm talking about. I'm this I'm that. This dog is a "fallen angel" and that if she sees me in person she will spit in my face! " Ok, so great I think.
    Well, I let it go, I have not recieved anything else from her but I have learned my lesson. I also am concerned because evidentlly my husband said that when you e-mail, my name shows under properties, and our name is listed in the phone book. So I am keeping an eye out to see if this crazy person will come to my home and do anything.
    So be careful out there using Craigslist my friends.

Steph

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I agree with you steph. That poor dog. I know my mom hates hearing the "E" word but if it ever comes to it she would do it. She did it with my cat. we tried to save her. over $8,000 to try but she was getting weaker so my mom said "I dont want her to suffer. Please stop her suffering" It pained me but it was the best choice and I know she is much happier not suffering. She drank anti-freeze from the guy we where renting from. its also a car dealership.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by