I Love My Chickens!

ehamlet

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 18, 2014
Oregon
This last Spring two of our grandchildren brought my husband and I Snowflake and Brownie (they named them!) They were chicks that had hatched at their school. We had had chickens many years ago. Snowflake thinks she belongs in the house with the humans and is constantly looking for an opportunity to get in the door like slipping in as the dog goes out. Brownie is a bit timid and prefers to stay outdoors unless she happens to follow Snowflake in.

Snowflake has been laying brown eggs for about a month and Brownie just laid her very first egg yesterday and to our surprise it was a light blue.

I am enjoying the chickens as pets and for their eggs. I'd like to have a few more that lay different color eggs for the grandkids.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on Easter Eggers for children. They lay lots of blue and green eggs, and sometimes a beige, pale pink, or gold egg. They are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock, and your grandkids. :eek:)

Hello from another Oregon chicken owner - welcome to BYC !!! Post pics when you can
jumpy.gif

Boy, you dun good!! Most people end up with cockerels. What a nice gift they turned out to be. Would love to see pictures of them?

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Congratulations on the eggs!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Congratulations on the eggs! Chickens do lay a wide variety of colors. For a really varied egg basket, I would recommend Easter Eggers. They can lay any color of egg, from pale pink to a deep blue.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on those first eggs! Love the names of your chickens. Funny how they want to come inside. Ha! They can really get attached to us humans and can crave lots of attention as well.

Enjoy your babies and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom