1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I love my Khakis

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by agregg15, Nov 29, 2011.

1. agregg15

agregg15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    Today I went out to the coop and found 4 eggs (I must have missed the 4th a day or two ago.) I can't believe they are still laying despite only getting a couple hours of sunlight a day. I thought that they had stopped laying a month ago, but I guess I was wrong.

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    My ancona hen is still laying. I found a egg this morning. The person I sold my khaki trio to is still getting eggs. Their wonderful layers!

3. agregg15

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    Quote:Mine are skittish (like the breed standard says), but they make up for it with their egg production. I can't wait for the spring and summer (10 layers x 7 days a week - mallard and call ducks not being the most consistent layers...) Well I hope the neighbors like duck eggs. [​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Mine are skittish (like the breed standard says), but they make up for it with their egg production. I can't wait for the spring and summer (10 layers x 7 days a week - mallard and call ducks not being the most consistent layers...) Well I hope the neighbors like duck eggs. [​IMG]

Lol. I will have six hens laying in spring, and then I have four ducklings in the brooder, hopeing that most are girls. So I will be getting lots of eggs. The ducklings in the brooder are half khaki campbell, half rouen, but one is pure rouen. Hopeing that the crosses lay as well as their moms (the khakis I sold) [​IMG]

5. agregg15

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut

Lol. I will have six hens laying in spring, and then I have four ducklings in the brooder, hopeing that most are girls. So I will be getting lots of eggs. The ducklings in the brooder are half khaki campbell, half rouen, but one is pure rouen. Hopeing that the crosses lay as well as their moms (the khakis I sold) [​IMG]

You must post pics of those ducklings [​IMG] It sounds like an interesting cross. I'm sure they'll lay well. It would be cool if they laid large eggs at the consistency of Khakis [​IMG]

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Lol. I will have six hens laying in spring, and then I have four ducklings in the brooder, hopeing that most are girls. So I will be getting lots of eggs. The ducklings in the brooder are half khaki campbell, half rouen, but one is pure rouen. Hopeing that the crosses lay as well as their moms (the khakis I sold) [​IMG]

You must post pics of those ducklings [​IMG] It sounds like an interesting cross. I'm sure they'll lay well. It would be cool if they laid large eggs at the consistency of Khakis [​IMG]

They look just like rouen ducklings. But are skidish like khakis. Kinda funny. Lol. The little rouen is such a sweety though. Will put pics up in a second!

7. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The one in the center of this pic is a rouen, the one in the bowl is a cross though.

8. agregg15

Apr 8, 2011
    Connecticut
    [​IMG] They're so cute [​IMG] I can't wait to breed my ducks in the spring!

9. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Thank you. Will you be hatching eggs from all your ducks? Khakis and all? Iwill more then likley just be hatching from my welsh harlequins.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  10. ducksinarow

ducksinarow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Mine are still laying also. Three girls three eggs a day. My do not like to be petted but when out of the pen they come when I call and love it when I worm hunt with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by