I love Roosters! PICS

chickenlisa wrote
When its dry and sunny out-they are beautiful and shiny colorful birds.

`Yas', the thick foliage of the trees overhead cutting the sunlight into `lazy' circles through the dust of the flock's contented ash tossing; the roo's sickles flying above the spotted cloud like a flag above the smoke of battle, irridescent and unwavering...

To paraphrase a couple of `cocky' human characters:

`Another glorious day being a rooster! A day as a roo is like a day on the farm. Every grub’s a banquet! Every hen a fortune! Every forage a parade! If not for roos the sun would never rise!’ & `Most of you will be eaten. Many of you will soon be a pile of feathers. But always remember this: Roosters die. That's what we’re here for. But our crowing goes on forever. And that means that Roos live forever.’

`saddled'-up (great guys!) and too much caffeine
lol.png

(powerless over cool roos/methylated xanthines)​

We only had chicks until a few days ago when we bought 2 pairs (hen+rooster) of mature Barred Rock. Having eggs is pretty cool...well awesome I should say, but the roosters are almost as fun! The personnality on these fellas is addicting! I love everything about them. It just wouldn't be the same with just hens! On that note, here they are in all their majesty, Big Boy and Remy:

And no, I did not force them to stand with one foot in front of the other, LOL! Just born to model
yesss.gif

You are aware that this is a 5 year old thread, right? Seems there's quite a few of these popping up lately. Not necessarily against the rules, but maybe we could start new, fresh ones, or post on newer ones?
wink.png

Last edited:
Some amazing roosters on here! Love them!

This is my Crested Cream Legbar. I hatched 8 chicks from him 3 weeks ago and they are doing great!

Unfortunatly I had to re-home him last Saturday because he was making a lot of noise early morning!

I have a baby stray rooster in my backyard. He likes to be held and petted. I am trying to rehome him. We are in Miami, would you like to keep him?

Back
Top Bottom