I love Roosters! PICS

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
Thought I'd share some of my rooster pics. Feel free to share yours too.

Buff Orpington are by far my favorite for large size and the most gentle roosters I have ever owned.

Here's Rocky, giving me a silly look:

100_3784.jpg

And Buddy (7 month old cockerel):
100_3688.jpg

This is Oreo, my EE cutie pie: (it's an old pic, but you get the idea) I'll get new pics after his moult.

100_0030.jpg

This was him (Oreo) as a baby...hence the name:

DVC00279.jpg

My Araucana boys are sweeties too...
Blizzard:
100_1153.jpg

Dragon:
100_2024.jpg

Sparky (young cockerel):
100_2818.jpg

And Dragon Jr:
100_2828.jpg

Jody

Holy smoke, look at those spurs on Rocky. When did he grow those things? I can only hope that my little Caesar will be half the stud that Rocky is. Also, do you remember when Rocky started to crow? I would post pics of my roos, but still at this point I'm not totally sure that I have any.
lol.png

Texas - lol..Rocky is going on 3 years old and we don't trim spurs here. They are left natural since that is their only defense when free ranging. I've had orpies crow at 2 days old already, but more typically it is between 12-16 weeks for their first attempts. Some take longer and some will try earlier.

Thanks Julie!

Jody

Whoa how many hens do you have for all those guys??

Here's my baby RIR Sgt. Major Bok Bok. One of the last pictures ever taken of him. He died at 5 weeks old:
manofhouse-1.jpg

Baby picture:
bokbok.jpg

Here's Lt Colonel Bok Bok. He's a little over a year old. He's a Dominique. He took over command after Baby Bok Bok was killed:
DSC00060.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

mistalovalova.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

Last edited:
Southern28Chick - let's just say, I probably have too many birds. LOL The boys are quite happy with their hens and they are plentiful. haha Thank you for sharing your beautiful roosters.
love.gif

Cyn - Suede is so gorgeous and Hawkeye..well he is special.
love.gif
I luv them all!

Hey, I forgot Little Jack. He is going to be so mad! :thun I don't have new pics of the ameraucana flock, but here's an older one. I have Little Jack's son growing out too and lots of young ladies. When I get new pics, I will post them. These are sweet little banties.

100_1975.jpg

And my goodness, I forgot my silkie boys...
th.gif

Here is Zilla:
100_3353.jpg

And Sunny:
100_3344.jpg

I can't believe I forgot them..Gosh, I do have too many chickens!
duc.gif

Jody

Back
Top Bottom