Congratulations! A perfect little egg 😊
Thank you! 🥰

I'm still confused as to who it might be. I feel like it's BBQ, mostly because she's the most developed of the three and has been spotted in the nesting boxes multiple times BUT, in a different thread (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/bbqs-breed.1587735/) I asked for help identifying her breed, and neither one that she seems to be lays brown eggs....
20230709_152516_exported_45770.jpg

This is BBQ^, possibly either a Pearl Star Leghorn or a Starlight GreenEgger which neither lay brown eggs
20230709_152516_exported_4281.jpg

Spicy^ a RIR which should lay brown eggs
20230709_152516_exported_23661.jpg

Nachos ^ a Golden Sexlink which should lay brown eggs

To date, no one has seen either Nachos or Spicy in the nesting boxes, but obviously we don't watch them 24/7

Oh the mysteries! Just happy they're growing & healthy enough that they are starting to lay.:woot

Thank you! 🥰

I'm still confused as to who it might be. I feel like it's BBQ, mostly because she's the most developed of the three and has been spotted in the nesting boxes multiple times BUT, in a different thread (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/bbqs-breed.1587735/) I asked for help identifying her breed, and neither one that she seems to be lays brown eggs....
View attachment 3571963
This is BBQ^, possibly either a Pearl Star Leghorn or a Starlight GreenEgger which neither lay brown eggs
View attachment 3571964
Spicy^ a RIR which should lay brown eggs
View attachment 3571965
Nachos ^ a Golden Sexlink which should lay brown eggs

To date, no one has seen either Nachos or Spicy in the nesting boxes, but obviously we don't watch them 24/7

Oh the mysteries! Just happy they're growing & healthy enough that they are starting to lay.:woot
Nachos and Spicy don't seem developed enough to be laying, BBQ definitely does. I wasn't sure what Starlight Green Eggers were so did a quick Google, they are like EE's there is a chance for brown eggs. In my first group of 5 EE's I had one lay brown eggs.

https://www.chickenfans.com/starlight-green-egger-chicken/

No matter what though, it's always so egg-citing to get a first egg! Or a 1,057th egg, it's always super awesome 😃

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230709_215020.jpg
    Screenshot_20230709_215020.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 2
Ah ok, I thought it was either cream/white or green with the two breed possibilities; then definitely it was probably BBQ:love it's funny how much faster she grew since all three are the same age, gotta be a breed thing🐔💗
No matter what though, it's always so egg-citing to get a first egg! Or a 1,057th egg, it's always super awesome 😃
I agree! I always make a big deal and thank them, with my own little wierdo egg dance :wee every time I get an eggy!!

That tan color of your new pullet egg is the same tan color of my SGE who was supposed to lay green eggs but lays tan instead. So I'm pretty convinced it's BBQ. Your RIR or golden sexlink would lay a darker brown egg of a different shade (different color of brown), and possibly your golden comet would put chocolate brown speckles on top.

That very light tan is typical of an SGE that missed the blue egg gene. But my SGE still lays one medium to large egg every day (her eggs are often larger than the "medium" size eggs advertised for that "breed", so I'm happy with her. Nice mix of colors for the egg basket!

I'm just happy they're healthy. The shell was nice and firm, they eat well & roam around like they own the joint; they can lay whatever color eggs they want!!

Nachos is now a young lady. She laid a darker brown, with dark brown spots, medium-sized egg yesterday afternoon.
20230715_185855.jpg

^ Bottom two belong to BBQ for comparison ^

4 DOWN, 7 TO GO!!:celebrate

5 DOWN, 6 TO GO!!

All my teeny-boppers are laying now! BBQ (SGE) lays small brown eggs, Nachos (Golden Sexlink) lays medium dark brown eggs with freckles, and Spicy (RIR) lays medium brown eggs, same color as BB, just bigger. So proud of them :love So I have 5 laying hens now, and averaging 2-3 daily.

5 DOWN, 6 TO GO!!

All my teeny-boppers are laying now! BBQ (SGE) lays small brown eggs, Nachos (Golden Sexlink) lays medium dark brown eggs with freckles, and Spicy (RIR) lays medium brown eggs, same color as BB, just bigger. So proud of them :love So I have 5 laying hens now, and averaging 2-3 daily.
Whoo hoo! That's awesome you can tell who is laying what, that is fun and also comes in very handy when troubleshooting or noticing health issues (odd shells, soft shells, stopped laying etc).

Are you starting to look for recipes that use more eggs and passing over the ones that only use 1 or 2 yet? 🤣

Whoo hoo! That's awesome you can tell who is laying what, that is fun and also comes in very handy when troubleshooting or noticing health issues (odd shells, soft shells, stopped laying etc).

Are you starting to look for recipes that use more eggs and passing over the ones that only use 1 or 2 yet? 🤣
HA! YES! Since it's just two of us here, we can't keep up with the amount of eggs. Luckily, our neighbors and family are gracious enough to assist :bow otherwise, we'd have no room for anything other than eggs in the fridge!! I'm going to have to find some egg-loving friends by the time my remaining 6 start laying. Still egg-citing!

Back
Top Bottom