I love them I love them and other mindless babble.

Emilys3guppies

Songster
Jun 1, 2009
Toronto
6 new hens and 3 babies that are a week old. I love them all!!! What a pleasure to hear them making their noises in the backyard while I'm out there working.

The babies will be a week old at 3am on Tuesday...they are getting big! I'd say they've more than doubled in size easily. Their wing feathers are starting to come in and they will soon be entering that horribly awkward stage. LOL!

See the wing feathers?
DSC05876.jpg

DSC05881.jpg

My kitty, Corona, loves to watch them but never gets any closer than this. She took a nap beside the older girl's pen yesterday afternoon. LOL. I think she likes them, but our other cat is eyeing them up for a meal.
DSC05883.jpg

And I took a selfie with one of my hens while I was out watering them this morning.
DSC05884.jpg

She didn't flinch at all when I picked her up...didn't dry to walk away or anything. THey are so friendly! I didn't expect that.

They are very friendly, I just love that! Mine don't like getting picked up too much, but I do pet them a lot. Except for some that like to peck (when they think I"m starving them to death!), those get pushed out of the way
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom