I love them I love them and other mindless babble.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Emilys3guppies, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Emilys3guppies

Emilys3guppies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    Toronto
    6 new hens and 3 babies that are a week old. I love them all!!! What a pleasure to hear them making their noises in the backyard while I'm out there working.

The babies will be a week old at 3am on Tuesday...they are getting big! I'd say they've more than doubled in size easily. Their wing feathers are starting to come in and they will soon be entering that horribly awkward stage. LOL!

See the wing feathers?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My kitty, Corona, loves to watch them but never gets any closer than this. She took a nap beside the older girl's pen yesterday afternoon. LOL. I think she likes them, but our other cat is eyeing them up for a meal.
    [​IMG]

And I took a selfie with one of my hens while I was out watering them this morning.
    [​IMG]

She didn't flinch at all when I picked her up...didn't dry to walk away or anything. THey are so friendly! I didn't expect that.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    They are very friendly, I just love that! Mine don't like getting picked up too much, but I do pet them a lot. Except for some that like to peck (when they think I"m starving them to death!), those get pushed out of the way [​IMG]

3. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Emily,
    You are getting me excited about my babies hatching! I can't wait!!! They sound like so much fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by