I M so sadd... day 23 and no signs of life...sniff

Give them a day or so longer.

That is heartbreaking. I fried a batch at 16 days once and I was really upset. But on my second try, I hatched 6 babies out of 7 eggs. Just keep trying and it will happen.

hugs.gif

I read that. Thanks.

That kind of makes me feel bad for you to have to read my eggcitedness over my eggs when yours aren't hatching....

Next person that does a 'hatching egg give away'...I will nominate you to get them!
smile.png

Awww, what a nice gesture
hugs.gif
Thanks..

But I am just as eggcited for you as I will be when I finally get it right! No envy here --- just frustration! thanks

My limited advice is wait a few more day. I just tried to hatch 3 eggs and one didn't form and the other two didn't show any signs on day 24. I candled them and didn't see anything so I opened them up and to my surprise they were a live, Didn't last long after I opened them. I should have waiting but I wanted to find out if they were dry or see if I could find out what I didn wrong. I won't be doing that again. That was sad to see. I am trying again. Good luck1

Quote:
Is this your first hatch? Did you ever "listen" to the eggs?
should I candle? I was leaving them alone during 3 day hatch mode.

It is my first hatch so I have no prior experience and am reading all the posts on here to know what to expect!

its always sad when this happens, i doubted myself a long time after my first failed hatch..then just tried and got better at it. hang in there. sometimes we actually hatch out better then the hens / other times not so good.

I have two little cheeps right by m that came on day 26 when I was about to give up and toss, so just wait some more it can't hurt.
We also had a complete loss out of 24 eggs at one school last week and 36 more out of 60 due on Tuesday at another school, so we could be playing the waiting game too. Try again until you get what you want.
Good luck

sad.png
Day 24, just home from work...no pips.

None of them smell. It's not dark enough but I candled them quickly and all have large dark areas even if no movement. I almost broke one to see and then changed my mind.... will give it a few more days.....sigh
thanks for the encouragement! there is still hope thanks to you.

Back
Top Bottom