I M so sadd... day 23 and no signs of life...sniff

Peeper7

Songster
12 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Northeast Ohio
sad.png
Just one...just one would have made me sooo happy-- but nothing. Someone at BYC told me to listen for sounds in the shell....but nothing...
hit.gif

I read and I read in this site and it seems like so many hatch-addicts do well under so many different conditions....
Dry Hatch...humid hatch...temp spikes...low temps...turning...not turning... what the heck?
sickbyc.gif

All were alive at one point. Little chance of bacterial problems, did have temp spikes to 103 and briefly 104. Humidity was probably too low -- the air spaces were fairly large. I just wish I knew what to do.
Thanks for listening

I'm on day 24 and I have 1 that is rocking and tapping. That egg wasn't doing anything yesterday, so don't lose hope yet!

Hey - i feel for you. That is tough and there is no way of knowing what went wrong to do it differenly next time. I am day 20 and nothing happening so may end up the same.
hugs.gif

Listen,

These things just happen. Don't brow beat yourself. Get some more eggs and try again.

Heck, we lost our rooster Tony on Good Friday. The day before he passed away his mate Alice went broody on 3 eggs. We waited FOUR weeks... nothing. He must have been a little "off" the last couple times he covered her... Some dear folks gave us four eggs (same breed, bantam cochins) to try under her. As of Saturday night she's sitting on those. Happy as a clam...

Have a good cry, then blow your nose, get some more eggs and try again...

Michael and Nan

Quote:
Is this your first hatch? Did you ever "listen" to the eggs?
should I candle? I was leaving them alone during 3 day hatch mode.

Quote:
I'm so sorry, go ahead and tyr again. My first hatches were disasters and I actually cried over eggs, mostly because of my horrid incubator. Get a better incubator such as a genesis 1588 and try again.
hit.gif

I did not think this would bother me so much. I think what bothers me the most is not knowing how to take corrective action for the next try. The guesswork drives me crazy. Seems like the hatching business is like that....

It's really cool I've got a turkey so big in the egg that I can see feathers. Now I'm wondering why he is more developed than the others. Do I need to prepare for an earlier hatch?

I just needed to feel sorry for myself today.....

be patient--don't give up hope-I have eggs that are a little over due-I just left them in-I had spikes of 105 and low humidity too-Right now the power went off and the temp dropped to 84 and humidity shot up to 87%-they are hatching like crazy--have faith and say a little prayer for them I will!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom