I made a horrible judgment call! Do I continue the Hatch?

Do I hatch?

• Yes! Continue its not the chicks fault.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No. Don't hatch chicks that you will have a hard time rehoming.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do serama have 5 toes?

This is what I have so far.
2 beautiful silver, single comb, 5 toes feathered legs, dark legs with yellow soled feet.
3 dark gray, single comb, 4 toes feathered legs. Entire leg and feet dark.
6 more pipping as I write. I don't think I have Serama at this point. I have Silkie crosses since some have 5 toes.
Today is day 21 so I will see what else hatches.

They are cute, anyway you look at it.
1f601.png
1f60d.png
1f44d.png

I'll post photos when my slow as molasses internet allows me too.

@Bantu are you looking for quality seramas?? there are a TON of people on here that raise them, and depending on where you are you may be able to find someone close to you
if you want you can pm me and i can list off a bunch of them that sell/ship eggs/birds

At 12.00 per egg u could sure bet some social media would be hearing it. That's just wrong. And I don't do social media lol

Do serama have 5 toes?

Silkies, houdans, sultans, favarolles and docking shave 5 toes.

At 12.00 per egg u could sure bet some social media would be hearing it. That's just wrong. And I don't do social media lol

I agree. I would post his name and any links to his posts advertising and I'd let everyone know on any page I was on exactly what he was doing and what my experience was. At least his name would be out there and maybe it would keep someone else from going through the same thing.

These are what they look like... Sorry the photos are bad. I had to go way down on MP to load them. Several people I know are already in love with them so they'll be going to new homes in a few days. I'm keeping these two, Mama's first babies.
Might try for Serama in the near future. Still have 5 to hatch so we'll see.

Thank you all for the support. DH and I don't see eye to eye on mixed breeds especially chickens.
I think these are the cutest chicks I've hatched. Pullet or cockerel they're staying.

Last edited:

These are what they look like... Sorry the photos are bad. I had to go way down on MP to load them. Several people I know are already in love with them so they'll be going to new homes in a few days. I'm keeping these two, Mama's first babies.
Might try for Serama in the near future. Still have 5 to hatch so we'll see.

It is cute.

I don't understand why you are so quick to throw the baby out with the bath water. Yes the seller was deceitful in the representation of his stock but that does not mean that they aren't decent quality. Show quality birds don't reproduce show quality birds 100% of the time. They cull hard and might only have 10% keepers. You don't have an eye yet for day old chicks. You should keep all of them. Grow them out to 6 months then make your first cut. You should know by then what you've got and if it's a decent starting point.

Back
Top Bottom