I made Boeuf Bourguinon and it was a hit!!! picture

willkatdawson

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Ga
OK so I've had this Mastering the Art of French Cooking for quite some time now. I finally got the courage to make Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguinon and it was really good! It sounds like it would take forever but the meat cooks in the oven for 2 hrs other than that it was really pretty quick. I made some crusty french bread with olive oil and cheese and for dessert I cooked fresh peaches in sugar, butter, and fresh squeezed orange juice. I made home made crepes and whipped cream. The meal was worth the wait.
thumbsup.gif

8175_dscf3023.jpg

Sounds harder than Stouffer's lasagna. But it sure looks good!

What time is dinner tonight, and what shall I bring?

Congrats! Did you see the recent movie?

My brother gave me that book for my birthday last week and I'm looking forward to reading it like it's a Harlequin romance: heart racing, chest heaving, mouth watering for more.
lol.png

I learned to cook in France so use a lot of the techniques. Once you've got that down, cooking things over & over again in different variations becomes very easy.

I read the book during our stay at the beach this summer and took my husband to see the movie this past week. He was the only man in the theater but he didn't say a word about it. He's such a good sport. I was pleased and surprised that the movie went into such detail about Julia Child's life. The book glazed over the details but I could have watched an entire movie on just Julia.

Well, I think you should make it again and I should be invited for dinner to make sure that you made it correctly. Ha.

My friend and I saw the J&J movie last week and she found the boeuf bourguinon receipe. It looks complicated, so I am happy to hear that you found it fairly easy to do. But, I think I should still come to dinner at your house.

Your picture looks lovely and I bet the meal was as well.

Back
Top Bottom