I made Bubbles a dog bed!

hooligan

Songster
12 Years
Aug 20, 2007
Arkansas
Yesterday I was feeling a bit creative and decided that instead of spending about $100 (with shipping) on an orthopedic bed for Bubbles I would make her one. She has HD so she needs a more comfy bed than her blankies so this is what I made:

The hot pink side.
312388934.jpg

And the black side.
312388933.jpg

Its a little over 4 ft long and 2 1/2 ft wide. It fits in her crate perfectly. It is also alittle over 6" thick. I used egg crates to make her a 'mattress'. She LOVES it and unless she is really interested in something she won't even get up...she just lays there all sprawled out on her new bed
big_smile.png

Very pretty . . . you used my favorite color combination
smile.png

What is it made out of? My grandmother has a rott mix that is getting up in years, and I was thinking this might make a good gift.

I used fleece. so it was REALLY easy. I also used a heavy duty trash bag to cover the egg crates inside, incase of any accidents but I am thinking one of the toddler mattress covers might be better. Will have to check on them at Walmart tonight.
I also got a skull and crossbones rhinestone patch to put on but I couldn't find the stupid iron!
BTW Bubbles is the dog in my avatar
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom