I made butter!

I'm sorry.
sad.png

Check in VA if it's anywhere near you. They do a lot of cow share programs there.

Stacy

Be sure to rinse off the butter really well in COLD water until the water is clear. Otherwise, it will sour. This gets off all the "buttermilk" from the butter.
thumbsup.gif

I regularly make my own butter, though I have to buy the cream I use at the store.
sad.png
No goats or cow yet.

We make butter too! You can be proud of yourself it's a LOT of work! I don't have a churn so I put small amounts into tupperware bowls and then - no I'm not kidding - I put them in bags and tie them to the kids! The kids ran madly around the property trying to see who can make butter first! I get the best of everything - fresh butter and tired kids! Who could ask for more!
tongue.png

i wanna goat, i wanns a goat, i want a goat!!!
i've read you can make it in a blender or a mixer too. i'd be happy for you but i'm too busy being jealous:p

edit: hey how come my smilies don't come out as smilies?

Last edited:
How do you let the milk clabber and how do you make butter please?

I really want to try but have no idea where to start?
Is making cheese hard? I dont know how to do that either
sad.png

You can learn so much on here
smile.png

Yay! Butter was like my kids' favorite thing to make when they were really little. They would just roll the jar back and forth really hard across the kitchen floor. But it was never our own milk! we live in town. No livestock. Sob.

So cool! Congrats!

can you make butter or clabber from store bought milk that has been pasteurized? Also does goat buttermilk taste different than cow buttermilk? How long do you have to roll it?
Sorry for all the questions but this is so exciting to me. I want to try
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom