I made it myself

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 19Dawn76, Oct 9, 2009.

1. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Songster

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I haven't tried the dishwasher mixture yet. I just found out today about it. Next time I run my dishwasher I plan to try it out. I'll let ya'll know.

2. boaz

boaz Songster

May 26, 2009
    Woodville, MS
    I could save a fortune if anyone knows how to make Coke, (the drink Coca-Cola).

3. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Songster

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    Me 2. I try to make DH drink tea but he goes thru a 12 pack in about 3 days.

4. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I know there are other & probably better ways to make spaghetti sauce from scratch. But I've been saving $$$ by taking a can of diced tomatoes and whirling it in the blender with a can of tomato puree and adding onion, garlic & Italian herbs. It's cheaper than buying the sauce in the jar, and has far less junk ingredients. You could mellow it a bit by cooking it together for a while on the stovetop. You can also make it healthier by adding some grated carrot into the blender with the canned tomatoes.

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  6. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Songster

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I am also a coke (the soda pop [​IMG]) addict, not good for me but I just keep drinking it. I quit about 2 times a year for about three months each time but then one day just start back up again.

7. Amyable

Amyable Songster

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Quote:Us too. [​IMG] But it's nice to use only half the detergent as before.
    I'm making my own baking powder, using baking soda, cream of tartar, and cornstarch - stuff I already use.
    We drink raw milk and I make my own butter and whipped cream from skimming the cream and putting it in the blender.

8. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Songster

Nov 8, 2008
    Portage County, Ohio
    Quote:Us too. [​IMG] But it's nice to use only half the detergent as before.
    I'm making my own baking powder, using baking soda, cream of tartar, and cornstarch - stuff I already use.
    We drink raw milk and I make my own butter and whipped cream from skimming the cream and putting it in the blender.

Me too with the HE washer, my SIL makes the laundry soap and loves it.

For me, the HE washer is best due to less water from the well, less electricity to pump it, less waste water in the septic and less soap in there too (wa less because I use SO little). Also, the front load washer is more gentle on the clothes, so that's a plus too! [​IMG]

9. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I use the liquid detergent in my HE machine. My understanding is that the HE machines need a low sudsing detergent, and the basic borax/castille soap/washing soda recipe is low sudsing.

Red, if your problems were from these soaps, could you let me know? I'd rather not kill my nice new machine.

10. schellie69

schellie69 Songster

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Quote:I have HE washer and use the homemade stuff since it makes no suds its fine for HE washer I found this out that the commerical soap has additives to make it suddise (sp) because people thinks suds it cleaning. I use the homemade stuff and it works great and no problems with my HE washer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: