I made it myself

19Dawn76

Songster
10 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Toadsuck, AR
I started making my own laundry detergent this summer and I just found out that i can make my own dishwasher detergent with the stuff I already have around the house. I was curious, am I missing something else? What do you make yourself?

By the way this has saved about $20 a month and I think it does a way better job on my sons food and beverage stained clothes.

My sister and mother love the soap recipe they use. I'll get it and post it here.

As soon as I run out of my stockpile I got from couponing (2 more years) I'll start making my own.
smile.png

1 1/2 cup 20 mule team borax. 1 1/2 cup of arm and hammer washing powder and a bar of fels naptha soap. You grate the soap (wear a mask). add grated soap to 12 cups of water and heat until dissolved. Add dry ingredients and stir until dissolved.put in a 5 gallon container and add 12 cups of hot water and stir. Then add 2 gallons and 8 cups of water. Stir. Let sit fot 24 hours. Then stir til smooth.

Ace hardware was the onluy place here that carried all of the items. I spent about 10 dollars including a 5 gallon bucket with a lid. I just made it for the second time and all I had to buy was another bar of fels naptha (1.29). I still have a ton of the other stuff left and today I learned that a tablespoon of each plus white vinager where jet dry goes works great in the dishwasher.

I make my own laundry soap and I use this recipe...

2 C washing soda
2 C borax
1 bar Fels Naptha soap, grated
1 C powdered color safe bleach

Mix together and use 2 tsp per load.

I love my homemade laundry soap, it works wonderfully! Does the dishwashing stuff work for you? The kind I made didn't work at all. How do you make yours?

I'd love to do this..but i cant with a HE washer..you have to use the special HE soap or it ruins the componets of your washing machine..*ask me how i know this* I'm on my second $900 washing machine... in only a few yrs time..
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom