I made the paper! And I need a small favour of all of you.

101 done
smile.png
good luck!

One thing I am concerned about are these concessions we are willing to make. I guess whatever it takes to get the law passed, but I think before we make too many concessions, we should be clear as to what the current law states. Who knows, maybe we can argue that without making any concessions like flock size, roosters or no, having to keep our coop out of "plain view", lot size etc. You know the story, give an inch they take a mile. I'd hate to see a bad law get passed just to say its legal to keep chickens. Well, it doesnt mean you have to abide it anymore than ppl are abiding the current law. hahha. I still don't think that keeping chickens as a hobby and for eggs should be considered keeping farm animals or livestock. That is what we need to address. Cats live on farms too, as do dogs. Doesn't mean we farm them. Remember when pot bellied pigs were the current rage? Keeping them as pets didn't make you a pig farmer.

ETA: I don't want a law saying I can only keep four hens and no roosters. Especially if my neighbors dont mind anyway! I suppose in that respect I'd just be an outlaw - again.

Last edited:
I agree with you, tdgill. But sometimes we have to make concessions to get things started. Yes, it is a redundancy in bylaws (requiring no free-run chickens when there are already 'animal at large' laws, limiting the number of chicks when Animal Control already says no more than 6 of any kind of animal, ect) but after researching my local council we determined that our best chance stood with accepting some limitations.

Thanks and take care,
Emily

Back
Top Bottom