1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I may have asked this before

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tricia's Triple Z, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Tricia's Triple Z

Tricia's Triple Z Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2007
    I wormed my chicks about 2 weeks ago I kept their eggs for the two weeks. What to you think that the damage could be done to the eggs that would make them inedible? Let me have your .02

2. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    They will have the worming chemical in them. You could boil and feed to chickens.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Well, if you try to hatch them, they will likly have deformities and not actually hatch. I remember a case from a while back, where someone was trying to figure out why their hatch was so bad... and it turned out that the eggs were collected not long after birds were wormed.

As for you eating it, you'd be basically just eating some of the wormer yourself. Wormer is pretty much a poison that is just enough to kill the paracties, but not the bird, so you probably don't want to eat it for yourself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by