I may have cancer

dadsdeercamp

Say goodnight gracie
9 Years
Sep 24, 2010
Mora MN.
Today I went to the ER for some pain & got a CT scan and it shows a 3 cm growth on my left kidney. Well I see some special Dr. on the 15th to find out for sure . I don't know what to,expect and my mind is making me nervous as heck. can't eat or anything any advice would be of great help to me. :(

From experience, I can tell you that whatever the outcome, you will handle it and get through it. So take a deep breath and know that worry won't accomplish anything other than waste time. If it is cancer, sounds like it is likely small and localized. Treatment nowadays isn't a harsh as it used to be. They have meds to handle most of the bad side effects of treatment. However it could be something benign like a cyst, too. I know that no matter what anyone says, you will worry - and you are scared. Just KNOW that whatever it ends up being, you will handle it. I will pray for you.

Yes, there are many things that it could be other than cancer. Worrying will only sap your energy and harmony. I hope it comforts you to think about your friends here, and our thoughts and prayers for your happiness and health.

I know it's hard, but don't stress yourself until you know what it is. There are a lot of benign growths. If it is cancer, it sounds like it was caught early.

My father had colon cancer that had spread to surrounding tissue and lymph nodes. He had chemo and radiation BEFORE the surgery to shrink the tumor so they could operate. They were able to remove the tumor, but not save his rectum - he's on a colostomy bag. They told him that he still had live cancer in his body when they did surgery and recommended another round of chemo. He opted to not go through another session of chemo. He was given a 50/50 chance of making it 5 years and that was 12 years ago. So there IS hope.

Good luck and my thoughts will be with you.

Please add my prayers and best wishes to those already coming your way...the waiting is the hardest thing right now. Try to stay as busy as possible and keep focused on the things that make you happy.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom