I meesed up my hen's comb right before show. Will it get back to norm?

arianna

Songster
12 Years
Sep 8, 2010
North Carolina
I had two hens this morning in the Morganton, NC show (for the first time in a show), and last night, of course, I prepared and cleaned the two hens for the show (one Buff Brahma hen, and one Silver Lace Cochin Bantam). Since I have the red dirt in my yard, and my hens free range often, any white feathers on my chickens are red, so it took a lot of scrubbing to get those white feathers white again on the Silver Lace hen. I even used a toothbrush on the head to clean the feathers around the comb (that‘s right….a toothbrush
ep.gif
). I tried to protect the comb with my fingers, but I think all that scrubbing around it and every now and then touch the comb, and irritated so much that when I was done with the hen, the comb was not standing up anymore.
This morning I took the hen to the show, like that, but I was disappointed, and quite upset with myself, since I had some hopes for her. Now I wonder, will her comb get back to normal? or will it stay like this?
hit.gif

This was Flufy before last night wash (her comb was perfect):
ya.gif

67374_snow_159.jpg

67374_snow_160.jpg

67374_snow_white_028.jpg

67374_snow_white_029.jpg

and this was Flufy this morning:
he.gif

67374_morganton_show_056.jpg

67374_morganton_show_050.jpg

67374_morganton_show_010.jpg

67374_morganton_show_016.jpg

She received the Best Variety nomination, but nothing more.
cool.png
Well, it didn’t hurt to try.
wink.png

For me, she is the most beautiful cochin in the world.
love.gif
It was so funny to watch her looking around, entertained by all those people and chickens. She has never been on a trip before, or anywhere outside my yard, and I have her since day old, so it was something different for her as well.

Back
Top Bottom