i might write a novel

Kesta

Pie Crust Malfunction
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
houston tx
ive been thinking and ive been trying to decide whether or not i should try and write a novel. it would be about a girl who lives on a farm that only has chickens. now im only 12 so it propably would never get published. do you think i should go for it?

Never ever ever say never! I say go for it and have friends and family help you edit it. Don't ever give up on a dream or be discouraged. DO IT and do it now. Start while the idea is fresh. I learned a long time ago: if you don;t do it when you have a chance you may never do it and then you will never know.

sure..one of my good friends from high school now has 3 books published!!...put your mind to it..and you can do alot!..good luck!

give it a shot! You never know!
wink.png

I think you should go for it for sure. You know, even if you don't get it published, the experience of writing is great and what could it hurt?

A book from a 12 year old's perspective is probably going to be a popular one.

Would this be a children's book or an adult book?

Ellie

heres the first paragraph of the novel (i will post more paragraphs as i write them)
“The Chicken Conspiracy”

Linda woke up to a not so familiar sound. Instead of hearing her mom calling “Wake up Linda” ! She heard the sound of arrh – arrarrh. It sounded like something was dying so she jumped out of bed and rushed to the chicken coop. When she got there no one was hurt. All that she saw was one of the young roosters in crowing stance. Then, she put two and two together and realized that she hadn`t heard something dying, shed just heard the little guy crowing! Now aware that nobody was in danger she went back inside to find her mom walking down the stairs still in her pajamas and looking quite puzzled. “Linda what was that noise”? , asked her mom.” Oh just a new rooster crowing” ‘said Linda. “Oh well be sure to let your father know its started “said her mom. “O.K I will” said Linda.

Linda went upstairs and got ready for school. She had a long bike ride ahead of her so she had to get up early, which is why she didn`t mind the rooster crowing. Linda lived on a farm a few miles out of town so she wasn`t eligible for a bus. Knowing this Linda went down stairs, walked out the door, jumped on her bike, and took off.

When Linda finally got to school she was exausted and nearly late! She nearly fell off her bike trying to get off, She couldn`t be late again, if she was her parents would kill her! She rushed into the hall and started running down the hall, she was almost to class when that evil hall monitor Jhon Tenning stopped her and told her “No running in the halls”. He pulled out his pen and pad and started writing her up, she didn`t have time for this! She didn`t care any more and just ran past him, she knew she would get in trouble for it but she could not be late. She walked in the door of room 109 just as the tardy bell rang. Thank goodness she wasn`t late!

Last edited:
That sounds like an excellent idea for a story and a great start. Keep writing. Never, never give up on dreams. Always, always go for it.

Back
Top Bottom